In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 5

[Review&Unboxing] Unboxing, Review, Benchmark of the White Mi 5 64GB!

2017-03-30 09:28:03
2929 1

Dear Mi 5 fans!

It had been quite a few months since the new beast flagship, Mi 5, was launched, and I'm pretty sure you are overwhelmed by lots of reviews and photos. Well, yes, being a hard-core Mi fan and Mi 5 moderator, I thought I should also add on some shares and benchmark which I did on the White Mi 5 64GB variant! Before that, let me do a recap of the specifications;

• Snapdragon 820, up to *4GB RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 (*For Mi 5 PRO ONLY)
  • 600Mbps 4G+ download speeds, VoLTE
  • 3D *ceramic/glass body, weighs 129g (*Ceramic body for Black Mi 5 PRO ONLY)
  • 5.15” 16 LED light display, 3D ceramic/glass body
  • Front fingerprint sensor
  • 16MP 4-axis OIS + 2µm-pixel 4MP camera
  • 3000mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
  • Full feature NFC
  • MIUI based on Android M
  • (*For Mi 5 32GB/64GB) Available in full ranges of Colours;- White, Black, Gold, Light Pinkish-Purple
  • (*For Mi 5 PRO 128GB) Available in Black Ceramic, and White 3D glass only

Now, let me share some nice photos of the White Mi 5 64GB

UNBOXING

The slim 'candy-bar' white Mi 5 64GB

Featuring a white color, 3D Glass back body

The 3.5mm audio out and the IR Blaster

The side rocker volume and Power button

The integrated front 'HOME & Finger print Scanner', Type-C USB charging/data port and the speaker outlet holes

The usual dual SIM card tray

If you like to know how the Mi 5 compare to other Mi devices, please take a look at my following threads;

BENCHMARKS

I also conducted a few Benchmarks tests using, Antutu, PCMark & GeekBench 3, over a spread of 1 month, including before and after APPs are loaded into the Mi 5 64GB. Following this will be a long series of benchmarks screen captures, so please be patient and it will take a while to load.

[PCMark]

[GeekBench]

[AnTuTu]

CONCLUSIONS

The Mi 5 is an awesome Mi Device, which come in an attractive price tag, and if you really love to 'grab' a device comfortably into your hands or to fit prefectly into your tight jeans pocket, the Mi 5 is definitely the choice. It is 5.15 inch 'candy-bar' design simply just fit into the bill. Although currently , the white Mi 5 32GB model is only sold in India, Nepal (sales starting soon), Taiwan & Hongkong, we certaintly hope that the full range of colours will be available, and also the Mi 5 Pro too! Well, I understand there are many questions and issues regarding the availability of Global ROM, please do be patient and you can be assured that the XIAOMI software developers are working  very hard to resolve all the bugs and roll out a stable global ROM for you. All this will require numerous software testings , and time is definitely need, I do hope all Mi 5 fans understandings about this.

Last but not least, as the slogan, Always Believe Something Good is Going to Happen, Let me share an HDR photo which was shot using the awesome Mi 5,
which will fit the above slogan.

GReedyBlackie

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +1 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-03-30 09:28:03
Favorites RateRate
I really missed my Mi 5 after reading your thread!! one of the best Mi phone I ever had!!
2017-03-30 13:41:17