MIUI General

[MIUI Review] [One Stop Thread] All you want to know about MIUI 8!

2016-08-25 04:58:22
315648 1227

Hey Mi Fans,                      
I hope you all are doing fine. Talking about MIUI 8, Then it was introduced to all Mi Fans in India in one grand launch event in Delhi. MIUI 8 comes with a stunningly gorgeous UI with more color which makes you focus on your content during your phone operation. The latest ROM from the company has superloaded some exciting fetaures like Quick ball, Scrolling screenshots, Dual apps, Second space and many more. MIUI 8 is available as Beta ROM for all devices but now it is rolling out as Stable ROM also. After the launch many Mi fans who used MIUI 8 as Beta ROM have posted threads on features of MIUI 8 which includes their tutorial and working. Lets just bring all the important threads uncer one roof in this thread.

A walk down memory lane, MIUI from past to present!
Hello Mi Fans!
MIUI (Pronounced as ‘Me You I’) has been a preferred custom Android based ROM amongst mobile device users across the globe. The cyclic evolutionary changes, which MIUI has been through, is a result of hard slog from developers’ side and valuable feedback given by MIUI fans. Together with the development of Android, MIUI was always on radar of tech enthusiasts and each version of MIUI was more than a surprise. Every version of MIUI excelled in features which were available on stock Android ROM then. Today, it’s time to bid farewell to MIUI 7 and welcome MIUI 8 with magnificent features and revamped UI. I would like to invite fellow readers to be my companion in the time travel and witness the spectacular advancement of MIUI ever since its inception.

Author: Shashankp1

A Complete Guide What is New in MIUI 8
Hey Mi Fans,
MIUI 8 offers new colors in system app UI and makes your app operation experience more focussed on content. The Color make-over has is made on system apps such as Phone, Dialer, Calendar, Contacts etc.Before MIUI 8, Video editing was very lengthy process. You had to download some third party application to edit your video from playstore or transfer the video from your Mi device to Desktop/Laptop, Then edit with some software after that upload directly from computer or put that video again in device and then upload it. But you do not have to follow this lengthy processin MIUI 8, Gallery of MIUI 8 has Video editing tool, Now you can cut, Add music, Add filters and add captions to Video from gallery itself.Gallery of MIUI 8 gives chance to your creativity.

Thread Link: http://c.mi.com/in/thread-3471-1-0.html
Author: Bingo220

MIUI 8: Multi tasking takes on a whole new level with MIUI 8!

Hey Mi Fans,
   The notification panel is revamped. Vibrant colors and toggle icons rearrangement looks really cool. The weather app notification can now be directly accessed using notification panel and there is no need open the app to check weather. The toggles can now be arranged in a linear fashion or the standard arrangement can also be set as we find it in previous version of MIUI. MIUI 8’s calculator now supports currency and unit conversions. The currency converter retrieves data from internet and the user just needs to convert a particular sum into another currency without feeding in the actual exchange rates.

Thread Link: http://c.mi.com/in/thread-4460-1-0.html
Author: shashankp1

How to Enable Cloned Apps in MIUI 8
Hey Mi Fans,
At one time or another we all have thought of using same app with two different account on one device with going to the hurdle of lengthy processes or any third party apps. All these worries have been addressed by MIUI 8, as we have inbuilt Cloned App feature which helps us to clone a single app on our Mi devices. This helps us to clone almost any app which requires login to be used with two different accounts including games, chatting/messaging apps etc.

Author: Anthrax

[MIUI 8 Review]A Mighty Successor & An Elegance Beyond.
Hey Mi Fans ,
                         As we all know the design of MIUI 8 comes from the concept of kaleidoscope.It generates huge diversity in the form of its new and beautiful design.MIUI 8 still using a menu interface, system icons and MIUI 7 version also no big change.  But in the details, MIUI 8 change is still very large.Colors here are used to convey information in materialistic design and simplicity.
The animations here are something which cannot be ignored.They Are cool ,logical as well as useful.System apps such as dialer, calender, contacts has their own unique color.

Author: PawanRockz

How to Enable and Use Second Space in MIUI 8

Hey Mi Fans,
Let's get started with the new feature introduced with MIUI 8. Second Space as the name suggests its another space on your device which is totally different from your default setup space i.e. the one which you setup when you first start your device. The best part of this second space is that you can always have a private space on your device only for you or you can use it as a guest mode for other while handing over the device to them. Yes yes I know we have child mode which we can use while giving the device to others or we can enable app lock, but this way the person whom you hand over the device will know that its restricted. But with Second space most people wont know what they are using and have been shut out

Author: Anthrax

[MIUI 8] Feature Explained- Quick Ball.
Hey Mi Fans,
                         Quick Ball in simple words is a tough assistant with combination of five unique shortcut (helps to do quick functions and tasks easily) that user can customize also. Quick Ball is aimed to give users quick and easy access to shortcuts and apps they use frequently.Quick ball can be placed anywhere on the screen and can also be accessed in lockscreen also.

MIUI 8 in 8 Minutes (Video Tutorial)
Greetings Mi Fans!

It has been a while since the launch of MIUI 8 global beta version and there had been many reviews given about this ROM, threads with tutorials were also posted. But here I present a video concentrating on MIUI 8's some of the all new features and revamped features in 8 minute

Thread Link: http://c.mi.com/in/thread-7187-1-0.html
Author: Mark43

How To Block Spam Calls/ Contacts In Mi Devices
Hey Mi Fans ,
         Today I'm going to share you  tips for blocking unwanted callers those are disturbing you with unnecessary calls  The good thing is that these tips don't need any 3rd party tool, we just have to fully utilize the existing MIUI Features

Author: Paramgagan

MIUI 8 Feature Explained: Sharing Methods!
Hey Mi Fans,
                       I had updated my Mi 5 to MIUI 8 ROM, and there is this interesting and useful feature, which i thought of sharing. well what I liked is the different Sharing Ways in MIUI 8, as nowadays we want our work to complete as fast as possible also we need more convience in transfering our images/notes and several other things to social network/cloud storage so considering this MIUI development team made many changes in conventional sharing methods So lets get started

[MIUI 8] Feature Explained-New Battery Saver.
Hey Mi Fans ,
                          The big optimize button is the one stop sollution for all your battery problems.Click on it and it will show you the optimization screen processes where battery can be saved. It will also automatically turn on adaptive brightness and kill the background apps which are using quite a lot battery.I t can also be noted that below analyze battery usage you can also see screen on time , battery capacity and battery temperature.

Author: Pawan Rockz

MIUI 8 Feature Explained: MIUI Image Editor!
Hey Mi Fans,
                         n order to enrich the photo image effects, generally require treatment after taking a picture, the most suitable for the easiest way is to use the filter to process the image, MIUI 8 carefully selected group of professional filter, let the picture more in line with your mood.With a total of nine filters, namely: cool, blush, Rouge, Fade, food, retro, warm, twilight, film; it is very good listen to the name! Each filter has a different style, a different mood, you choose

MIUI 8 Feature Explained: MIUI Screenshot Taking Methods!
Hey Mi Fans,
                         The new MIUI 8 ROM was introduced last month, and the Global Beta MIUI 8 ROM will be official releasing on 11th July for Mi device. Well, I had already updated my Mi 5 to Global Alpha MIUI 8 ROM, and there is this interesting tips for taking the Screenshots, which I thought of sharing. The MIUI 8 have 4 methods for taking Screenshots lets start by.
Author: Paramgagan.

[MIUI 8] Gallery App Explained- All You Need To Know
Hey Mi Fans,
                       Gallery app is also one of the most important area of MIUI ,which gets timely updates for stability and features. But in MIUI 8 Xiaomi have redesigned the Gallery App to make it more user friendly ,quick, smart and feature rich. Album section are more organised ,neat and clean now with camera clicks on one side . Videos, screenshots and panorama's on other side . And the rest albums in others section. The very first change in MIUI 8 gallery you will probably see is the Sharing Image animation.You can swipe horizontally to select multiple images.

MIUI 8: Everything you want to know about upgraded Note app!
Hey Mi Fans,
Having a Note app in our Mi device is pretty handy into our day to day life. It is very useful when you have to jot down something important and you forgot to bring your Diary and Pen. Also Smartphone is something which we do not forget while going outside, Like Me, I may forget to carry my wallet with me but I will never forget to carry my Mi phone when going out. So, Its better to have something important in our phone itself rather than carrying Diary and Pen which you may forget when needed. And trust me, Its the Pen which you will not find when needed, Its a myth. So better jot down everything in your phone and keep the info with you when needed.

[India Specific] Login to Hungama with your Mi ID to avail the Offer.
Hey Mi Fans,
                      At the MIUI 8 launch event in Delhi, Mi India announced there partnership with Hungama Music App. Hungama Music app is one of the most popular online streaming app which provides Music from every corner of India. Be it Bollywood, Hollywood, Gujrathi, Bhojpuri, Marathi etc Hungama has covered it all. With the recent partnership of Hungama with Mi India, Online music experience has reached to whole new Level. Hungama has 3.5 millions of content across genres and Langauges. The app also has over 5000 Bollywood, Hollywood, Regional Indian Movies and Television series. Xiaomi has increased it user base in India, Everyone loves Xiaomi phones. So the partnership of Hungama and Mi India will be big boon to all the MIUI users in India.

[Tutorial] How to Flash MIUI 8 Stable and Developer ROM, Step by Step Guide.
Hey Mi Fans,
                        From the launch of MIUI 8 in India many Mi Fans were waiting for its stable ROM roll out. Well, The wait is over, Today MIUI 8 stable ROM will be rolled out. Check this thread to know MIUI 8 ROM supported devices. MIUI 8 offers new colors in its UI and makes your phone operation experience more focussed on content. The ROM is loaded with super cool features which will be a big help in your day to day life. All you have to do is to flash this ROM to experience the awesomeness. MIUI 8 ROM can be flashed by Recovery mode and Fastboot mode. In this thread you will get step by step guide how to flash MIUI 8 on your super cool Mi device by every mode and with all possible methods.

[Video Tutorial] Installing MIUI 8 on any Mi/Redmi Phone by Fastboot
Hey Mi Fans,
         You all might have heard of Fastboot and how useful it is for flashing ROMs. There is already a guide about how to fastboot MIUI ROM on your Mi/Redmi phone. (Link - Fastboot Guide by Magdag)
Here, I have prepared a video tutorial of the same.
In the below tutorial, I have used Mi Max and installing MIUI8 Global Dev ROM on it. It was running MIUI7 Global Dev ROM prior to this.

Thread Link: http://c.mi.com/in/thread-5082-1-0.html
Author: SuzAnDroid

Credits: All credits goes to author of the respective threads.

Rate

Number of participants 30 Experience +168 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2016-08-25 04:58:22
Favorites870 RateRate
Great compilation! Love it!
2016-08-25 04:59:53
Awesome thread
2016-08-25 05:13:53
When Curiosity Meets Knowledge, Innovation is Born!!
Photography Section Mod | Lead Photography Team and Club | Mi Pad Mod
Good work bro
2016-08-25 05:26:32
2016-08-25 05:36:25
Interesting, useful thread :)
2016-08-25 09:26:58
Thanks for this wonderful, all in one thread.
2016-08-25 10:05:31
Nice collection, it will be very helpful.
2016-08-25 11:37:35
Air Purifier 2, Mi Band, Accessories Mod
          Mi FC Bhubaneswar President

Mi FC President

Devansh thaker | from mobile

Awesome no need to go here and there just open this thread
2016-08-25 11:55:39
Mi Fc Ahmedabad president
helpful Guide Thanks for sharing with us
2016-08-25 12:21:58
Click on Reply so that  I knew

Advanced Bunny