In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Tips and Tricks

Semi Pro Bunny

1*056 | from Redmi S2

tnx for sharing
2018-09-18 23:51:29

Master Bunny

NJ shanto | from Redmi S2

Thanks for sharing
2018-10-27 11:23:35

Rookie Bunny

593340727 | from mobile

i did everything mentioned here and my apps are still not auto starting at boot, i have to launch them one by one to make them run in the background. to get push notifications i have to lock every app but locking apps only keeps the apps from closing when i'm clearing recents apps, if i accidentally swipe left or right on the locked apps, they will get closed. and the miui "team" haven't been able to fix these simple issues since the beginning of miui. miui is such a broken rom, the only good thing about it is that it's beautiful. just like a pretty girl but no brain. and there is bound to be an indian reading my comment and he'll be furious, because indians worship xiaomi. smh. come on moderator, delete this honest comment.
2019-04-05 22:57:38
Do you mean "MIUI optimization"?
what about the size effects? If it's turned on by default, it must be useful for something...
2019-07-29 10:03:20

Rookie Bunny

6186616232 | from MI CC 9e

i did everything mentioned here and my apps are still not auto starting at boot, i have to launch them one by one to make them run in the background. to get push notifications i have to lock every app but locking apps only keeps the apps from closing when i'm clearing recents apps, if i accidentally swipe left or right on the locked apps, they will get closed. and the miui "team" haven't been able to fix these simple issues since the beginning of miui. miui is such a broken rom, the only good thing about it is that it's beautiful. just like a pretty girl but no brain. and there is bound to be an indian reading my comment and he'll be furious, because indians worship xiaomi. smh. come on moderator, delete this honest comment.

same problem, keeping apps open in recent tray also takes a toll on battery
2019-08-15 16:56:01
After trying all of the above fixes, my Push still would not work. But then I tested it with keeping the TypeApp on/active duty, all of the time.

To do that (on Xiaomi MI9) , activate the TypeApp app so that it shows up in the active apps view (square box button). To anchor/lock it there (so that it does not turn off or get cleaned up) hold the app icon down for a second or two and the lock option will appear. Lock it.

Then test again.

One other trick that you might not know: in the TypeApps “various account settings” notifications, make sure Push option is on, AND that it is set to “No preview” (for some reason, it only works this way).
2019-08-16 01:15:52

Rookie Bunny

6235313666 | from app

Hi there please help. I am using MI 5X (MIUI version 10.3 stable). I can't find priority option (step 3 - although all type of notifications are on). Secondly there is no recent apps/apps overview option, when I go to manage apps (there is no simple 'apps' option).
Thirdly in the developer option, there is no memory optimization, rather it is 'MIUI optimization' - can turn it off or on. When I turned it off it says "text layouts, accounts and other parts of MIUI may be affected if it is turned off". I turned it off still, is it the same option as 'memory optimization'?
2019-08-20 21:24:21

Rookie Bunny

6235313666 | from mobile

After trying all of the above fixes, my Push still would not work. But then I tested it with keeping the TypeApp on/active duty, all of the time.

To do that (on Xiaomi MI9) , activate the TypeApp app so that it shows up in the active apps view (square box button). To anchor/lock it there (so that it does not turn off or get cleaned up) hold the app icon down for a second or two and the lock option will appear. Lock it.

Where on earth is 'type app' option??
2019-08-20 21:29:34