Tips and Tricks

[Tutorial] [Feature Review] Screen Recorder & System Apps Updater

2017-03-12 07:30 PM

11,014 269
7.3.9.png

Hello, Mi Fans!

Good News! Finally your long awaited list of wishes for MIUI are getting granted update by update and this week is no different. This week we are bringing you a very sophisticated and perfected Screen Recroding App built right into the MIUI for all those scenarios where you wanted to show your friend what's going on over your screen and like everything of MIUI it comes with a promise of being feature rich, along with that we have now new home for all the system updates called System Apps Updater where you would be able to manage the system app updates. So if you still are in await to get updated to the latest Global Developer ROM 7.3.9 then fire up your updater or fetch the full ROM links here

Screen Recorder
Record What's Important!
Key Highlights:
- Root-free, more secured.
- A neat UI panel easy to get started.
- Commentary supported.
- Floating Pause/Play Button, Invisible in Playback.
- Customizable Resolution, Video quality, Frame rate and more.
- All on-screen operations/physical button press can be recorded.
- Browse, playback, delete and share your recorded videos

Where is the Screen Recording App located?
- You can find the screen recording app in Launcher - Tools folder - Screen Recording App Icon

1. Clicking the video icon will load up the floating recording control button
- Floating recording control button can be moved around the whole screen
- Overlay recording button will be invisible during the recording session.
- Main home page of app will show your past screen-recordings as well

1.png 2.png

2. When you want to stop the recording, click the floating stop button to stop the recording.
- You will see your recording floating (just like the screenshot animation), from there you can share, edit or delete directly.

3.png 4.png

Settings Of Screen-Recorder
You can find the specific screen recording settings related to the app inside Settings app - Additional settings - Record Screen

Recording Parameters:
Resolution:
- You can change the resolution of recording: 1. 1920x1080  2. 1280x720 3. 800x480

Video Quality:
- From here you can change the video quality to 1. 16Mbps 2. 8Mbps 3. 4Mbps 4. 1Mbps
- Higher the video quality, higher the file size

5.png 6.png

Frame Rate:
- You can choose the frame rate to 1. 15fps 2. 24fps 3. 30fps

Orientation:
- From here you can choose orientation for the recorded video, it could be 1. Auto 2. Potrait 3. Landscape

7.png 8.png

Sound Source:
1. Mute: No audio will be recorded.
2. Mic: It will record what is audible through the mic as audio stream (useful if you want to explain something in your own voice).
3. Speaker: It will record whatever your speker is playing (not via mic).

9.png 10.png

Recording Options:
Lock Screen to End
- Turning on this will stop the recording when you lock the phone and saves the video.

Show Touch Gestures
- This will help you by showing your touch in the video if you want to explain something, like a tutorial of an app or something

Visulize Navigation Buttons
- This one is really awesome, touch gestures help you explaning stuff but when your phone has physical buttons then it's difficut to explain that touchs in the video, well not with MIUI screen recorder. Enabling this will show prompt on screen whenever you touch/press your physical buttons including volume and power buttons, this is really cool and I have always missed this in other apps.

System Apps Updater
Updates Unified

From now on all the system apps updates will be shown separetely, where you can select whether or not you want to update or set it on auto updation over Wi-Fi.  You can even track your update history as well.

It is located in settings - app settings - system app updater, and comprise two options in it's settings accessible via top right icon, out of which "show update notifications" will let you select whether or not you want to be notified or not. "Auto updates" setting will let you control if you want to download and update over Wi-Fi automatically.

11.png 12.png

FAQ

Where are my recorded videos are saved, where is the path?
- Although you can find your recordings in the app aswell, they are saved at /internal storage/ DCIM/ ScreenRecorder.

Selected Speaker as audio source but sound is too low, what to do?
- Note that media volume level at the time of recording affect the audio stream as well, so make the media volume full or low (or whatever speaker is playing from) and same will be reflected in recorded video as well.

Why system app updater doesn't show third party app updates?
- Remember, it will only show updates for the apps of system not for third party ones which are available in play store.

Why I can't see this feature in my phone?
- This is currently available in Global Developer ROM only, It will come in Stable ROM soon too.

That's it for now folks!
If you have any query, suggestion or feedback regarding this feature let us know in comments, or headover to MIUI Feedback or MIUI Q&A section.

[Related Articles]

Rate

Number of participants 14Experience +86 Collapse Reason
Shailesh Singh + 10
luvxiaomi + 10 Very nice!
sidstar1 + 1
Hariom Raj + 10 Useful!
Subbu_KGM + 1 Very nice!
Guna Sekaran + 1 Very nice!
Saurabh Rai + 1 Awesome
AdarshGoyal + 1 The best!
RAJUKAMMELLA + 5 Very nice!
shashankp1 + 15 Powerful!
Naman Mishra + 10 Powerful!
Rameshb + 1 Interesting!
sidharth katare + 10 The best!
Er. Deep + 10 Very nice!

View Rating Log

2017-03-12 07:30 PM
Reply Report

MIUI beta testers

Siva Abhi | from mobile

For new features some doubts are cleared only after your feature reviews bro
2017-03-12 11:22 PM
Reply Report
Another masterpiece by the master himself. Keep going bro we need threads like this
2017-03-13 12:05 AM
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Er Sumit Garg | from Redmi Note 3

To Xiaomi MIUI developers i have a brilliant idea that i want to share for the futures updates of miui software.

Here's is the following features updates that i want to add in our beloved miui software. 

1. Drive mode - I'd like you to add a new feature "Drive mode" because we need it while driving. 

samsung has been already added this feature. there are many apps for this feature. but we need a app like "S bike mode". it reply calls automatically by voice not only message. that was awesome. 

2. Answering machine - This may be very helpful to listen to the leave message calls, especially those calls that not answered. we don't need to pay voice call charges just to listen to the calls. we can integrate it to our device and the answering machine calls will recorded to the recorder apps.

3. Introducer selfie - This app will be take picture from front cam of the people who wants to unlock my phone unlock my phone in my absent.

4. There are many apps which we don't want to use and we are not able to remove them. Please fix it.

5. There is bug in feature find contact cards we are not able to find other contacts.

http://mrgargsir.blogspot.in/2017/02/some-new-features-should-come-in-mi-ui.html?

I hope you consider my idea and make this possible updates in upcoming software update.

Thank you and more power to MIUI developer Team.

Rate

Number of participants 1Experience +1 Collapse Reason
nachiketb + 1 Interesting!

View Rating Log

2017-03-13 01:45 AM
Reply Report
That's a true masterpiece commander. That's proud to work with you.
2017-03-13 03:51 AM
Reply Report
-MIUI BETA TEAM™-
Er Sumit Garg replied at 2017-03-13 01:45 AM
To Xiaomi MIUI developers i have a brilliant idea that i want to share for the futures updates of  ...

Thanks to your ideas but there are some limitations that we should understand and then demand.
2017-03-13 03:57 AM
Reply Report
-MIUI BETA TEAM™-

Pro Bunny

Dhamo Tharan | from mobile

I want your font name
2017-03-13 08:46 AM
Reply Report
Bro pls provide ur font name pls pls bro
2017-03-13 08:47 AM
Reply Report

Pro Bunny

Dhamo Tharan | from Redmi Note 4

font name and link

from app

from app

from app

from app
2017-03-13 08:54 AM
Reply Report
Nice, thanks for sharing
2017-03-13 09:36 AM
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Er Sumit Garg | from Redmi Note 3

sidharth katare
Thanks to your ideas but there are some limitations that we should understand and then demand.

what are the limitations
2017-03-13 09:43 AM
Reply Report
12345678910... 27
MIUI 8
Power At Last
AP2 Livestream
2016 Diwali with Mi
Shake!!Shake!!
500K Members
2016 #ThrowbackwithMiComm
Probador Beta