Hello, Mi Fans!
Good News! Finally your long awaited list of wishes for MIUI are getting granted update by update and this week is no different. This week we are bringing you a very sophisticated and perfected Screen Recroding App built right into the MIUI for all those scenarios where you wanted to show your friend what's going on over your screen and like everything of MIUI it comes with a promise of being feature rich, along with that we have now new home for all the system updates called System Apps Updater where you would be able to manage the system app updates. So if you still are in await to get updated to the latest Global Developer ROM 7.3.9 then fire up your updater or fetch the full ROM links here
Record What's Important!Key Highlights:
- Root-free, more secured.
- A neat UI panel easy to get started.
- Commentary supported.
- Floating Pause/Play Button, Invisible in Playback.
- Customizable Resolution, Video quality, Frame rate and more.
- All on-screen operations/physical button press can be recorded.
- Browse, playback, delete and share your recorded videos
Where is the Screen Recording App located?
- You can find the screen recording app in Launcher - Tools folder - Screen Recording App Icon
1. Clicking the video icon will load up the floating recording control button
- Floating recording control button can be moved around the whole screen
- Overlay recording button will be invisible during the recording session.
- Main home page of app will show your past screen-recordings as well
1.png (139.8 KB, Downloads: 6)
2017-03-12 07:59:18 Upload
2.png (59.89 KB, Downloads: 6)
2017-03-12 07:59:46 Upload
2. When you want to stop the recording, click the floating stop button to stop the recording.
- You will see your recording floating (just like the screenshot animation), from there you can share, edit or delete directly.
3.png (87.1 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:22 Upload
4.png (87.55 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:24 Upload
You can find the specific screen recording settings related to the app inside Settings app - Additional settings - Record Screen
Settings Of Screen-Recorder
- You can change the resolution of recording: 1. 1920x1080 2. 1280x720 3. 800x480
- From here you can change the video quality to 1. 16Mbps 2. 8Mbps 3. 4Mbps 4. 1Mbps
- Higher the video quality, higher the file size
5.png (48.33 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:25 Upload
6.png (45 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:26 Upload
- You can choose the frame rate to 1. 15fps 2. 24fps 3. 30fps
- From here you can choose orientation for the recorded video, it could be 1. Auto 2. Potrait 3. Landscape
7.png (47 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:28 Upload
8.png (49.63 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:29 Upload
Sound Source:1. Mute: No audio will be recorded.
2. Mic: It will record what is audible through the mic as audio stream (useful if you want to explain something in your own voice).
3. Speaker: It will record whatever your speker is playing (not via mic).
9.png (48.85 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:32 Upload
10.png (67.59 KB, Downloads: 5)
2017-03-12 07:59:33 Upload
Lock Screen to End
- Turning on this will stop the recording when you lock the phone and saves the video.
Show Touch Gestures
- This will help you by showing your touch in the video if you want to explain something, like a tutorial of an app or something
Visulize Navigation Buttons
- This one is really awesome, touch gestures help you explaning stuff but when your phone has physical buttons then it's difficut to explain that touchs in the video, well not with MIUI screen recorder. Enabling this will show prompt on screen whenever you touch/press your physical buttons including volume and power buttons, this is really cool and I have always missed this in other apps.
System Apps Updater
From now on all the system apps updates will be shown separetely, where you can select whether or not you want to update or set it on auto updation over Wi-Fi. You can even track your update history as well.
It is located in settings - app settings - system app updater, and comprise two options in it's settings accessible via top right icon, out of which "show update notifications" will let you select whether or not you want to be notified or not. "Auto updates" setting will let you control if you want to download and update over Wi-Fi automatically.
Where are my recorded videos are saved, where is the path?
- Although you can find your recordings in the app aswell, they are saved at /internal storage/ DCIM/ ScreenRecorder.
Selected Speaker as audio source but sound is too low, what to do?
- Note that media volume level at the time of recording affect the audio stream as well, so make the media volume full or low (or whatever speaker is playing from) and same will be reflected in recorded video as well.
Why system app updater doesn't show third party app updates?
- Remember, it will only show updates for the apps of system not for third party ones which are available in play store.
Why I can't see this feature in my phone?
- This is currently available in Global Developer ROM only, It will come in Stable ROM soon too.
That's it for now folks!
If you have any query, suggestion or feedback regarding this feature let us know in comments, or headover to MIUI Feedback or MIUI Q&A section.