In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Photography

[Discussion] [MIUI Photography Tips #1] : Essential Tips to Capture Nice Shots With Your Smartphone

2018-07-17 01:15:14
1675 55

Hello MI Fans,
Year after year, smartphone cameras have become more capable, more versatile, and more of a reason to leave your DSLR at home. Taking great photos with your smartphone requires the same thing as taking great photos with any camera—an eye for creating a scene, good lighting, and an understanding of photographic depth. But here are a few tips that are especially useful when you're taking shots with your smartphone.

1. Understanding Your Camera Settings
First things first: Get to know your camera. Test out its various modes (like portrait, panorama, manual mode etc) in different conditions – like low light, direct sun, and when your subject is moving – to see what the different modes excel at and where they fall a little short. For example, my phone has both a standard mode, where I can manually adjust my exposure, and high dynamic range (HDR) mode, that produces a single shot from several images taken at different exposures. My camera also has a lens blur function that allows me to mimic a shallow depth of field, but it's a bit clunky so I don't use it much. Knowing how your camera's different modes work will help you to have more control over the final look of your shots. All it takes is a little bit of practice!

2. Clean your lenses
Your smartphone spends a lot of time in your pocket, bag or in your hand, and as a result it gets dirty by time. Dirt, dust, grease and fingerprints on your lens will have a big effect on the quality of your photos. There’s no point trying to take great photos if the glass of the lens is dirty. It will block light from entering the camera’s sensor and will leave smudges, blurs or dust spots on your images. A clean lens will ensure you get sharp, clear images with your smartphone, always remember that. You may use a soft lens cloth when doing this as any abrasive cleaners will scratch the glass over the lens and this will result in poorer image quality. So give your lens a quick wipe before you shoot.

3. Be always ready to shoot
Now-a-days smartphone camera has improved a lot and you don’t need to carry a DSLR often for regular shooting. Especially when you are travelling, you don’t know when you will see an amazing view to shoot. But if you are not ready, you may fail to capture the precious moment. So keep your eyes open and get your gears ready. If you are using your smartphone for shooting, you may take advantage of the shortcuts and double tap volume button to activate camera directly within seconds without unlocking your phone. Be always ready and never miss a picture perfect moment again!

4. Avoid Camera Shake
Keeping your camera steady is particularly very important while taking photos. One area where smartphone snappers still lag behind dedicated cameras is in their sensitivity to movement. Even a slight shake can leave a smartphone photo looking like it was taken on a rocking boat. Any movement of the camera will result in a blurred image. It's therefore important to minimize camera shake as much as possible. Buying a tripod might seem like overkill, but you can pick up cheap, small tripod models that are made specifically for smartphones.

5. Post-processing
If you’ve been thinking that processing is an extra step you don’t have time for, you’re just missing the point. Getting better photos is wonderful, but don’t underestimate the power that post-processing has to make you a better photographer. After you’ve been processing your photos for a little while, some lessons about how digital photography works – and the limitations and strengths it has – will become more apparent to you.

So, Mi fans, which tricks you found most important while capturing with smartphone? Reply this thread and share your opinions with others.

You can view other photography threads here:

[MIUI Photography Tips #2] Learn Basic Photography Rules and Take Better Shots

[MIUI Photography Tips #3]  Important tips to take better photographs

[MIUI Photography Tips #4] Framing Your Shots ( Part-1 : Natural Framing )

Rate

Number of participants 7 Experience +91 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-07-17 01:15:14
Favorites23 RateRate
That's really helpful
2018-07-17 06:16:27
I think this threat is going to help beginner photographers with mi camera phones.
2018-07-17 07:26:53
Invalid floor, the posts have been deleted #3

Master Bunny

Hasinur Rahman Author | from Mi Note 3

Saifullah Nakih
That's really helpful

thanks brother
2018-07-17 12:29:00
Hasinur Rahman Nur
Moderator, Mi Community Bangladesh

Master Bunny

Nahid Hossain
I think this threat is going to help beginner photographers with mi camera phones.

your appreciation encourage me to write new threads regularly. more tips are coming soon.
2018-07-17 12:30:08
Hasinur Rahman Nur
really helpful
2018-07-17 12:39:44

Master Bunny

AJIJUL BARI REYAD
really helpful

your appreciation encourage me to write new threads regularly. more tips are coming soon.
2018-07-17 12:43:49
Hasinur Rahman Nur
best of luck
2018-07-17 12:45:13

Master Bunny

AJIJUL BARI REYAD
best of luck

thanks brother
2018-07-17 15:00:43
Hasinur Rahman Nur