Bhubaneswar

Return to list New

[Recap] 6th Fan Meet - My Recap and Quick Review of Redmi Note 4

2017-01-23 11:06 AM

1,380 36
Edited by TanmayS at 2017-01-26 01:34 PM

c4793634-1419-4861-be96-c9ed26b20ceb.jpg
Finally got my hands on the newly launched Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon edition at the 6th official meet of Mi Fan Club, Bhubaneswar. Apart from the regular fun at the fan club meet, Redmi Note 4 is the star attraction of this meet. Everyone seemed anxious to get their hands on the new device and the features it offer over their own devices.

I was quite curious as well as skeptical about Redmi Note 4. There are three aspects that I wanted to look into in this new device:

1. The design language.
2. The processor
3. The Camera

1. The Design Language

Mi did it right this time. The design of Redmi Note 4 brings in some nifty changes. The symmetrical design language just left me mesmerized. It certainly borrowed lots of design elements from Mi Max like the 2.5d curved glass, speaker grills at the bottom, white and black front bezels and chamfered edges for a better grip. But the back of the device, especially the symmetry of camera, flash and fingerprint scanner screamed about the unique design. The speaker grills have been moved to the bottom for good. The glossy CNC-finished separation lines made of anodised aluminium add a touch of class to the device. To be honest, my Redmi Note 3 feel quite inferior to it in terms of design aesthetics.

Redmi Note 4 4gb+64gb Golden Colour

Redmi Note 4 4gb+64gb Golden Colour
Redmi Note 4 in its full glory - Captured by Amit Kumar Panda

I am still waiting to see the device in the newly introduced Matte Black colour.

2. The Processor

There are a lot of talks going on around regarding the move to Snapdragon 625 processor replacing the high performing Snapdragon 650 on the Redmi Note 3. People are opining that the new processor is not that powerful like SD 650. But the hands-on proved me wrong. The new processor is quite efficient to handle day-to-day tasks with multi-tasking and gaming. The new processor uses 14 nm FinFET process, which means the processor is more power efficient and according to Mi, the battery in Redmi Note 4 is 25 per cent more efficient than Redmi Note 3. Although it is difficult to assess from the hands-on, the experience of the explorers confirms the claims of Mi. To be fair enough, I am not at all disappointed in this front.

3. The Camera

This is the area I was a bit sceptical of Mi. I never liked the move to a 13MP CMOS primary camera in place of 16MP camera of Redmi Note 3. But the device proved me wrong here too. The pictures taken by this device are stunning! I was just surprised with the output of this 13MP shooter which delivered such sharp and colorful images. The key to this lies in the noise-eliminating CMOS sensor featuring backside illumination (BSI) with 1.12 micron pixel size and image processing software optimizations by MIUI developers. Being a mobile photographer, this made me crave for the new Redmi device more and more.

Apart from this, Mi made various subtle upgradations in terms of battery, storage, memory which is expected. The price has been kept highly competitive, setting a new bar to the competitors.

Guys! This is going to replace my Redmi Note 3 soon (as soon as I get the chance to own a 4gb+64gb black edition).

Finally my recap of the event with some photographs of the botanical garden and our fan meet.

Pulak bhai with Mi Selfie Stick

Pulak bhai with Mi Selfie Stick
This time we had variety of Mi devices for our fans. From the newly introduced Redmi Note 4 to the age old Mi Key, everything was there for our fans to see and test. This is our very own Pulak bhai experiencing the newly launched Mi Wired Selfie Stick.

Amit bhai's dedication towards photography

Amit bhai's dedication towards photography
You think mobile photography is child's play. It ain't the point and click game. See the dedication and effort of our very own Mi Fan Amit Bhai  towards smartphone photography. The results of his hard work is OUTSTANDING!

Swastik interacting with fans

Swastik interacting with fans
As many of the fans are new to fan meet, Our Fan Club President Swastik took time to introduce them to the fan club, described them the objective and vision behind this fan club and how all these started.

IMG_20170122_144003.jpg
We had the maximum attendance till date in this meet. More than 25 fans attended from different parts of Odisha. There were discussions on various topics and everyone seems enjoying the discussion and putting their thoughts into words before the group.

IMG_20170122_153242.jpg
This time we saw Mi Fans attending the meet from different parts of Odisha. Two of our fans, Kukunand Omkar attended this meet from Brahmapur, Ganjam a city located at a distance of 180kms from Bhubaneswar. The enthusiasm of these fans can't be described in words.

photo_2017-01-23_10-59-17.jpg
This time we see Mi fans from diversified age groups. People like me, in their fourties to our youngest Mi Fan Debasish who is in Std. 8.  This is really an amalgation of people from different generations with equal love and enthusiasm for Mi products.

IMG_20170122_155105.jpg
The Botanical garden is blooming with various colorful flowers, and tha't the key attaraction to the visitors as well as Mi fans. This is the primary attraction during the photo walk. Mi fans tried their best to capture the color of the flowers by their Mi devices and DSLRs.

IMG_20170122_151252.jpg
Our very own Pulak bhai clicked this awesome photo during his photo walk. His enthusiasm to click photos from different perspectives is an inspiration to other Mi fans. Here is Pulak bhai in action:
IMG_20170122_155210.jpg

Finally I would thank Swatik, President and Harish, Vice President of our fan club for their hard work and patience which made this meet successful. Last but not the least my heartfelt thanks to all Mi fans who spared their sunday afternoon with us and made this meet successful.
654c0bd3-e2f6-42d8-b7e5-908ea4b7402c.jpg

Swatik and Harish - The key persons who worked hard to make each and every meet enjoyable and successful. They took care of every aspects of the meets and ensured that everybody is well communicated and connected with each other. I am truly amazed by the dedication of these duo towards Mi Fan Club and Mi India Community. (Photo Courtsey : Anand)

Rate

Number of participants 4Experience +27 Collapse Reason
Ramkrishna Ghosal + 1 Powerful!
Anand_Singh + 1 Interesting!
Harish Mohanty + 10 Very nice!
swastikswaroop + 15 Very nice!

View Rating Log

2017-01-23 11:06 AM
Reply Report
Mi Community Fan
superb clicks,thanks for sharing :)

Rate

Number of participants 1Experience +1 Collapse Reason
TanmayS + 1 Thank you!

View Rating Log

2017-01-23 11:11 AM
Reply Report
swainsoumya replied at 2017-01-23 11:11 AM
superb clicks,thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for visiting :)
2017-01-23 11:14 AM
Reply Report
Mi Community Fan

Master Bunny

Amit Kumar Panda | from mobile

Great thread bro

Rate

TanmayS + 1 Thank you!

View Rating Log

2017-01-23 11:14 AM
Reply Report
2017-01-23 11:16 AM
Reply Report
Mi Community Fan

Semi Pro Bunny

AnkitSethi | from Redmi Note 3

nice pics...............

Rate

TanmayS + 1 Thank you!

View Rating Log

2017-01-23 11:20 AM
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Hemant Nagvanshi | from Redmi Pro

Did anyone got Matte Black Color Redmi Note 4..
2017-01-23 11:24 AM
Reply Report

Semi Pro Bunny

KJB777 | from Redmi 3S

good thread...
2017-01-23 11:27 AM
Reply Report

Rookie Bunny

1650856420 | from app

nice thread
2017-01-23 11:56 AM
Reply Report

MIUI beta testers

pulak | from MI 5

Writers need some inspiration only

Rate

TanmayS + 1 You are the inspiration ;-)

View Rating Log

2017-01-23 12:46 PM
Reply Report
FAN
pulak replied at 2017-01-23 12:46 PM
Writers need some inspiration only

bhai mein to gaya
2017-01-23 01:06 PM
Reply Report
THE BEST IN THE WORLD is a tag.. work hard to prove it.
Mi Max
2016 Diwali with Mi
300K Members
Shake!!Shake!!
500K Members
Probador Beta
Lucky Draw No.
Mi Explorers
3 días seguidos
7 días seguidos
21 días seguidos
40 días seguidos