In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Chat of the Week] MIUI Beta Stable ROM Version Explained !!

2018-04-12 00:29:22
5984 12

Hello Mi Fans!
There have been pretty many Updates to your Xiaomi phones, like Stable, Beta Stable etc, which might have puzzled you up and you might have searched for the differences and answers to your Queries. As I have seen that several users still don't know about the Beta Stable ROM which released to few random users before getting it to public release, and thus some users share it download links and may also get warned by the Mods for sharing the links.. So I thought to come up with this thread so that there can be some awareness on the Beta Stable ROM .After reading this thread, all your Doubts might get cleared on MIUI Beta Stable Version.

General Introduction to MIUI Versions

From Above Flow Chart you Might have got an Idea about Different MIUI Versions available for your Xiaomi Device. To help in better understanding the Differences among these Versions, here are the differences among the MIUI Versions Available.

Generally, there are two public versions of MIUI for our devices: Beta and Stable

Developers generally release closed beta version to Beta Testers/other special team members for testing of ROM to check if there are any issues/bugs present in it.

Other members are not allowed to share the links of the ROM because the beta ROM is the early versions which may contain bugs that most users won’t want in their “daily driver” phone.

Beta Stable ROM:
When there is an announcement saying that a BETA STABLE ROM is now rolling out Feedback here, it generally refers that ROM is being pushed to random users. Generally, it is the same version that will be publicly released if everything goes well. This particular version won’t be made available to the Community for downloading

We understand that most users want the links to update faster than the official way. But this makes you break the rules of the community. Sharing links of public ROM is allowed as long as the ROM is already released and posted in a thread with or without its changelogs by Moderator or Admin.
if you share link/changelog of Unreleased ROM, this action results in leaking of ROM link (in other words when someone who is unauthorized to release the links of ROM/changelog or of that information that doesn't meant for the general public termed as leaking. Authorized people are mostly Moderator and Admins.)

If you’re unsure if the version you received by OTA is a special “Stable Beta” or the regular public one, you can always post a thread about it, even with screenshot of the version if you want, as long as you don’t leak the download link/changelog in your post it is fine.

Why Beta Stable ROM is released before Stable ROM
Beta Stable ROM is released to ensure that the smallest number of users are affected by any issues you may have missed during testing. During a rollout, the Release lets monitor a range of information about the health of your ROM and compare it to previous releases. We can monitor crashes, ANRs, installs, uninstalls, and ratings. If we see anomalies in app's behavior, we can suspend the rollout, make corrections, and release the update if necessary before continuing the rollout, thereby protecting ROM's reputation.

Why Sharing of Beta Stable ROM Link is not allowed
the main reason behind this is that the beta ROM is the early versions which may contain bugs that most users won’t want in their “daily driver” phone.

Actions Taken against Leaking of the ROM
When Moderator finds someone who leaked the ROM, the first action will be taken is the deletion of the post on sight and Users will be warned about not doing this kind of thing. If a user keeps repeating the same thing again: it can lead to a ban for a week, or more and also it may lead to permanent account ban.

Some Frequently Asked Questions

1. I have got an update of On MIUI Global Stable, It says that it is Nightly. What is it?
Before Pushing a Stable Update, A Nightly Update is released to Random Users to get Feedback from the users and if it is Stable and good, then it will be released to all the users. Usually, Nightly Stables are pushed to limited users and will be Later available for all the users.

2. What is the type of ROMs that are there in Mi Community?
All the threads, ROMs posted on Mi Community are related to Global ones i.e, Global Stable and Global Beta only.

4. With What ROM's are the Devices in India Sold?
The Devices Sold in India are Shipped with Global Stable Rom only.

5.What is an Incremental ROM Package?
This is a Small sized ROM package, which can be Used to Update to Your Rom Version to the Very Next only. These are small in size and you need to have Mi Recovery Only.

6. I couldn't Find Fastboot ROM for my XXXX Device of MIUI China, where can I get that?
Go to: http://en.miui.com/a-232.html select Fastboot Update, find your device name and ROM you need.

6. I see that we have Xiaomi.EU ROM too, are they Official?
No These are not official ones. They are unofficial and not maintained by Xiaomi.

7. I want to move to the Stable version from Beta or Vice Versa. How can I do it?
You can use the Use the Fastboot Method.

8. I see that Play store shows Not certified for my Device. Why does it happen?
Beta Roms are uncertified. If it shows in Stable ROM too, Clear data and Uninstalls updates of Play services and Play Store.

About Mi Community App
Mi Community is Xiaomi Community’s official Android app and a home for Mi fans . It helps you share your ideas and interact with other Mi fans on-the-move. It offers a fast and intuitive interface to post threads, reply, read news and interact with others.

With the Mi Community App, you can expect:

• Mobile optimized reading experience of Mi Community on your phone
  • Creating and replying threads to be much easier with native thread publishing tools
  • Built in messenger, now you can chat with Mi Community members on the go! (Why not drop me a message?)
  • Weekly contests and new discussion topics surrounding tech launches
  • Most updated news about our new products

Get the app on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mi.global.bbs

Rate

Number of participants 2 Experience +6 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-04-12 00:29:22
Favorites13 RateRate
Thanks for sharing!! Useful to any MIUI newcomers!!
2018-04-12 02:06:44

Master Bunny

FF8 | from app

THANKS FOR THE THREAD
2018-04-12 02:07:01
This thread is a must for those who wants to understand MIUI versions. Nice work!
2018-04-12 03:04:01

Semi Pro Bunny

charlie chengay | from Redmi Note 4

thanks for this!!
2018-04-12 08:03:08
Dark Humorist

Master Bunny

Sk Sam | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

thanks for sharing well explained it will be very useful for rookies
2018-04-12 12:00:28

Semi Pro Bunny

Mer Vlnts | from Redmi 5 Plus

Nice explanation. :)
2018-04-12 18:38:08

Pro Bunny

Herman Cruz Jr. | from Redmi Note 4

so in case of the public stable being suspended like the ones happened with redmi note 4x on both 9.2.2.0 and 9.5.4.0... is it advisable to downgrade?
2018-04-12 20:16:51

Semi Pro Bunny

Mer Vlnts | from Redmi 5 Plus

Very informative.. Nice
2018-04-14 22:02:00

Pro Bunny

Bong Ganotice | from app

thank you for this information.
2018-04-15 10:32:26

Advanced Bunny

TALLA VARUN GOUD | from Redmi 4A

thanks for thread