In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI General

[] MIUI Wireless Display: Wirelessly Mirror your Smartphone Screen to PCs or TVs

2018-03-25 23:24:42
73794 11
Hello again Mi Fans!

Today we are gonna talk about a common and helpful feature of MIUI and how to use it.
Wirelessly mirroring the screen of your device to your PC, Laptops or TVs using the built in Wireless Display.
Wireless display is actually a screen casting feature on the Android operating system integrated since Andoir Jellybean 4.2 with devices that also support Miracast.

What is Miracast?
"Miracast is a standard that hopes to one day banish the need for HDMI cables. Rather than physically connecting your laptop, smartphone, or tablet to a TV like you would with an HDMI cable, Miracast provides a wireless standard that allows devices to discover each other, connect to each other, and mirror the contents of their screen wirelessly."

"Miracast functions exclusively as a “screen mirroring” protocol. So, if you wanted to start a Netflix video on your phone and play it via Miracast, you’d have to leave your phone’s screen on the whole time. Everything on your phone’s screen would be mirrored on the TV."
In simple terms, "Miracast wireless display sharing is an industry standard that allows your device to connect to larger device’s displays using your wi-fi network as a middle-man."

REQUIREMENTS
  • Smartphone: running MIUI ROM
  • for Windows PC or Laptop: running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or newer with Miracast Support (check links on how to check Miracast support)
  • for TVs: Smart TVs with WiFi is the recommended; non Smart TVs should have chromecast dongle or similar device hooked up

INSTRUCTIONS
On your Windows PC or Laptop
  • Turn ON the WiFi

• Go to Settings  System  Projecting to this PC

• Choose Enable everywhere from the first dropdown

• Choose First time only on the second dropdown

• You can also require a PIN before connecting for security or make your device only discoverable when it is NOT running in battery mode

• Open the Connect app in the Start Menu

• Take note of the Computer Name shown

On your TV
  • Different TV brands might have different methods how to their enable screen cast feature, check your manual for more information
  • using Chromecast or similar dongle: several YouTube guides are available here

On your device running MIUI ROM
  • Turn ON your WiFi
  • Open Settings  More  Wireless Display
  • Turn ON Wireless Display
  • Tap on the Computer Name on the listed devices to connected
  • Viola! Your device screen is now mirrored!

LINKS

BONUS
  • Works too even if both devices are not connected on a same WiFi network
  • Sounds coming from your phone is also mirrored on the projecting device! Awesome isn't it?
  • Some modern and high tech appliances, equipment even cars does have support for screen casting too!

What are your experiences and usage with wireless display? Comment your thoughts below.

2018-03-25 23:24:42
Favorites5 RateRate

Intern Moderator

Carl Jhoseph Pastor | from Redmi Note 4

I think this is more convenient rather that chrome cast or any casting dongles
2018-03-26 07:15:53

Advanced

Miboys_Sam | from Redmi 5 Plus

yeah think so also
2018-03-26 07:24:24

Advanced

arjaydee31 Author |

Carl Jhoseph Pastor replied at 2018-03-26 19:15:53
I think this is more convenient rather that chrome cast or any casting dongles

Yes. Almost all new laptops supports Miracast so buying HDMI/VGA cable then connecting it to your TV should be a cheaper alternative.
2018-03-27 06:43:36
Your friendly neighbor IT.
Thank you for sharing this.
2018-03-28 03:26:36

Advanced

Kballega | from Redmi 5

Still not working on my Devant ltv-800 Smart TV :(
Redmi 5 9.5.11.0 Global Stable
2018-05-23 12:14:39

Rookie

dgrachee | from Mi A2

Kballega
Still not working on my Devant ltv-800 Smart TV :(
Redmi 5 9.5.11.0 Global Stable

is it working now? I have a Miracast device connected to my TV but it is unable to connect
2018-11-12 15:42:01
i'm unable to connect to my Laptop, Phone says Connected, but Laptop is spinning and spinning and spinning even for more than 10 minutes
Happened the same with Redmi Note 4 & Note 6 Pro as well
2018-12-03 09:09:17

Rookie

Jec | from MI MAX 3

Experienced connection stability, I could connect to a smart TV after few minutes it disconnects. I have the MIUI10 Global ROM preinstalled.
2019-02-09 16:28:29

Rookie

1549641180 | from mobile

I have mix2 n my phone keeps disconnecting after 15-30 mins
2019-02-15 14:00:43

Advanced

1916963653 | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

Using Redmi Note 6 Pro, wireless casting wont work on my Devant 50" SmartTV LTV800. it wont connect but it detects the tv
2019-02-28 20:08:13