In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A1

[Tips] List of 8.1 Custom ROMs for Mi A1

2018-03-20 08:52:49
3920 15

Good day, Mi A1 owners!

Since other users purchased the Mi A1 as a way to receive updates and wish to be in the latest version of Android, we have custom ROMs that can bring Android 8.1 Oreo to our device without the need to wait for Xiaomi’s OTA update.

Take note some ROMs have bugs and feel free to check what they are in their respective XDA threads.

An AOSP based ROM, with gapps included, and all Pixel stuff (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We are not thinking of cherry-picking every feature out there. Our aim is to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our G+ community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!
dotOS is an Android Rom which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery so that one can get most out of his/her device!
dotOS 2.1
Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on Ground Zero Open Source Project (GZOSP) and brings custom features with the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of "Making you feel like 家".

Using the stability and compatibility of GZOSP, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpaper (Dawn by fxckingdeathwish), ringtones, and fonts, to bring to your device into a more fresh look, also with a selection of apps, header packs and wallpapers (on ShishuWalls app).
AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM.

A custom ROM with tons of customization features. Kernel is based on voidKernel, includes all features of voidKernel like vibration intensity control & KCAL support, Night display, WiFi Aware support, Prebuilt Stock MIUI Camera (with dual cam working), Few gestures support.

Cardinal-AOSP is a Custom ROM which was initially based on AOSPB, then we changed our mind and rebased it to AOSP-RRO, to get better compatibility with most of the devices. And now we are based on AOSP on oreo. The main aim of this ROM is to bring stock AOSP experience as much as possible while maintaining performance, smoothness and good battery backup. I hope that you'll all love this project, and help us, shape it even more better. Meanwhile, all of our sources are publicly available on our Github. We also do own a Google+ Community, where you can.... uhm... you know, do what all others do at forums and communities! Hope you enjoy your stay and like our work on Cardinal-AOSP.

AOSIP is a quality custom rom based purely on Google AOSP source since 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Cosmic-OS is a Custom ROM based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

Android infused with magical unicorn bytes. The unicorn eats nougat and farts rainbows.

I hope all Mi A1 users will take time to try a ROM they would like to use. :)
Feel free to sound off in the comments below on which ROM you are currently using or are planning to switch to!
2018-03-20 08:52:49
Favorites9 RateRate

Super moderator

Czedie | from MI 6

Awesome list bro! Thank you!
2018-03-20 11:00:58

Miko Alabado | from Redmi 5 Plus

Great info
2018-03-21 00:21:06

Joey Huab Author |

Czedie replied at 2018-03-20 23:00:58
Awesome list bro! Thank you!

Thanks sir! Glad you liked it!
2018-03-21 02:02:23
PRESS RATE IF I HELPED YOU!

Feel free to check out my Magisk module HERE

Joey Huab Author |

2018-03-21 02:04:16

Advanced Bunny

Miboys_Sam | from Redmi 5 Plus

such a big help
2018-03-22 21:22:04

Joey Huab Author | from Mi A1

Miboys_Sam
such a big help

Thanks sir!
2018-03-23 00:04:09

Awesome! I'll try the Pixel Experience once I got the Franco Kernel.
2018-03-24 02:39:47

edwaine
Awesome! I'll try the Pixel Experience once I got the Franco Kernel.

Will do that as well!
2018-03-24 11:43:46

Semi Pro Bunny

arjaydee31 | from Redmi Note 4X

Great list you got there! Keep it upn
2018-03-26 07:00:40
Your friendly neighbor IT.

arjaydee31
Great list you got there! Keep it upn