Hello Mi Fans!
Recently, you might have come across News regarding the extraordinary features of Google Camera of Pixel 2 being ported and making wonders and great Portraits. One Con here is it requires camera2api enabled and is not enabled by default in Mi A1. Enabling it requires root, which might end up not able to flash OTA Updates and some other things being Broken (Slow Motion in Mi Camera App). Thanks to, Adriane AM who successfully made a Tool to Flash Gcam without being Rooted and get the best of the Cameras of Your Phone.
1. Go to Settings - System - About Phone - Tap on Build Number 6/7 times
2. Go to Developer Options - Enable USB Debugging & Enable OEM Unlocking too
3. Extract Gcam Tool zip and Run the Program as Administrator
4. Click on Install Drivers and install 1.3 if it works for you, follow the steps on screen and Press Yes
5. Go to the Tool and Press Enable HAL3, EIS and Install Gcam
6. In Your Phone, Authorize USB Debugging on pop up
7. Sit Tight and Relax! It takes around 1 minute and phone might show TWRP Logo for 20 secs and reboot again.
8. Phone will reboot and follow the Instructions on the PC and set up the Google Camera App as per instructions in the tool.
Uses Of Gcam
Thanks to Adriane AM and TechNova for Support
Threads Credits to Mohammed Faisal
In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .