Photography

[Album] Today marks Beginning of Spring (立春 lì chūn)

2018-02-03 19:47:57
221 26
The first solar term of the year. It lifts the curtain of spring, and the daytime is becoming longer and the weather is becoming warmer afterwards.As a solar term, Beginning of Spring had already entered people's lives in the Spring and Autumn Period (770-476 BC). In ancient China, people would often celebrate the day with ceremonies and worships for a prosperous year, and even nowadays, many traditional celebration events still remain.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +5 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2018-02-03 19:47:57
Favorites3 RateRate
I really love to read your posts about history bro. You have a hand and soulful brain for writing good read about ancient Chinese history and traditions. Thumbs up to you the one and only!
Good read to start a Spring on a great Sunday morning!

The photo is amazing. I'm biased cuz I love sky hahaha. The sun's shines in contrast with the blue sky! #lovely!
2018-02-03 21:12:23

Кролик Майстер

Kerk Lik Christopher Author | from Redmi Note 3

Thanks bro.. hehehe.. I will try to take more photos of the sky in future .. it's very meaningful for Li Chun because Chinese New Year is coming soon on 16 & 17 Feb (Lunar New Year 1st & 2nd Day)
2018-02-03 21:28:23
Kerk Lik Christopher
Thanks bro.. hehehe.. I will try to take more photos of the sky in future .. it's very meaningful fo ...

And I'm on holiday on the 16th! yahoo! I'm planning to go to Chinatown but I'm scarred of too many people hehehehe
2018-02-03 21:31:24

Кролик Майстер

Chinito
And I'm on holiday on the 16th! yahoo! I'm planning to go to Chinatown but I'm scarred of too many ...

Holiday again? Is it a public holidays there? My advice is to go Chinatown on 15th as that is the Eve of CNY, they will set off firecrackers at 12 mid night. Also those red lanterns and set off firecrackers to scare the monster away in the old age but only a custom now a days.
2018-02-04 00:41:43
Kerk Lik Christopher
Holiday again? Is it a public holidays there? My advice is to go Chinatown on 15th as that is the  ...

Yes it's holiday here we celebrate Chinese new year too! I thought firecrackers are meant to move away bad vibes and attract good ones. You're really an idol bro! I'm learning a lot from u..
2018-02-04 00:48:50

Кролик Майстер

Chinito
Yes it's holiday here we celebrate Chinese new year too! I thought firecrackers are meant to move  ...

Bro, you mean it's public holidays during CNY in Philippines as well? (゜゜)
2018-02-04 04:12:48
Kerk Lik Christopher
Bro, you mean it's public holidays during CNY in Philippines as well? (゜゜)

Yes bro it is. Your emoticon is cute hahaha
2018-02-04 04:15:58

Кролик Майстер

Chinito
Yes bro it is. Your emoticon is cute hahaha

Hehehe thanks.. but I really don't understand how come also holidays there? Emmm.. (゜o゜)
2018-02-04 04:17:26
Kerk Lik Christopher
Hehehe thanks.. but I really don't understand how come also holidays there? Emmm.. (゜o゜)

Maybe because there are Chinese citizens here too. And local Chinese are also making most of our population. Chinese-Filipino communities celebrates it too. I'm not one but I take part at least in the tradition. :)
2018-02-04 04:26:40

Кролик Майстер

Chinito
Maybe because there are Chinese citizens here too. And local Chinese are also making most of our p ...

Really bro? I first time heard of this leh but good to know that, thanks for sharing.. you also take part of the holiday, right? LOL (≧▽≦)
2018-02-04 04:36:20