In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi

[Q&A] How to disable the drop down menu on lock screen?

2018-01-19 09:52:50
38127 19
The drop down menu is still accessible while the phone is locked.. :-\
2018-01-19 09:52:50
Favorites3 RateRate

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

You mean the notification toggle bar?
2018-01-19 12:31:25

Master Bunny

Kerk Lik Christopher Author | from Redmi Note 3

Chinito
You mean the notification toggle bar?

Yes Chinito .... did u encounter the same problem?
2018-01-19 16:46:03

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

It was that way ever since if I'm not mistaken? I'm not sure if MIUI does it differently as I'm using stock android for this Mi A1. Even if the screen is locked, it is setup that way so we can still access the "basic" options and activate them without the need to unlock the screen - efficiency purposes.
Example, we want to disable wifi, there's no need to unlock the phone since there's no security threat as its just wifi. I mean no one can use our internet as it will require the phone to be unlocked if someone wants to use Chrome or use your Instagram. Another example is flashlight, we can enable right away. But if in case someone wants to open the "settings" menu, the phone recognize it and will require the user to have it unlocked.

I did say a lot of things haha. The screenshot below is my phone when locked and Notifications toggle is swiped down. Is this the one you're referring Kerk?
2018-01-19 19:57:01

Master Bunny

Thanks a lot Chinito for the details info, it makes me more understood for the purpose of Xiaomi doing that way. The problem is somebody else can easily see our messages reply by othera or info through the drop down menu (Notifications Toggle Bar), unless we disable the notifications with the lock screen, am I right? I just wanna find a way that others won't be able to see any info of mine because I'm worry one day I might lose my phone (although I'm eagerly want to get a new Mi phone, hahaha) anyway and those pick my phone won't be able to access any of my phone while phone is locked ^_^
2018-01-19 20:45:07

Master Bunny

Chinito | from Mi A1

hahahaha! U just made my day Kerk!
Correct, if it's the messages u have to disable that from the messages app in the settings. You better choose the option to not show all notification when phone is locked. Does your Mi phone have the notification LED light? Mine has and that's my way to know if there's a new text.
I'm also a private person and very concern about my privacy so I feel u bro.

If your phone gets lost (I'm not sure if you want me to knock on wood or not hahaha), you can wipe out all your phone data over the internet, that's why google wants us to sign in with an account attached to a phone so we can track and even control how other people access our personal info.

I'm curious what is your wish should you're given a chance to have a new Mi phone? hahaha.
2018-01-19 21:01:41

Wizard Bunny

muhd luqman | from MI 5s

Easy bro,
just go to Setting ---> Notification and status bar ---> Notification shade ..Then you must Disable "Show on lock screen" ..Done
2018-01-20 05:32:38

Master Bunny

Hahaha good to make one laugh (≧▽≦) btw I didn't sign in Google account yet although I have an email account with them.. Yeah my phone got notifications light but only so few social apps with different color lightings, that makes me more easier to see which is more important one loh  (^_^)v Although I still stick to my current RN3 but I'm also eyeing for the bigger screen devices. Hopefully when I put it in my pocket doesn't look weird... oops!
2018-01-20 05:54:50

Master Bunny

muhd luqman
Easy bro,
just go to Setting ---> Notification and status bar ---> Notification shade ..Then you mu ...

Wow bro that's kinda quickly respond... thank you (*´∀`)
2018-01-20 05:55:27

Rookie Bunny

rajulogesh | from mobile

muhd luqman
Easy bro,
just go to Setting ---> Notification and status bar ---> Notification shade ..Then you mu ...

Thanks a lot
2018-07-30 21:12:00

yasaklı

gregadjah | from Redmi Note 5

my concern is if someone stole your phone and disable its internet from notification shade.
it's still accessible on MIUI 10 Beta 8.8.2 and there's no turning off ...
2018-08-03 18:10:22