Dear Fellow MI MAX 2 Users,
Rooting your Mi Max 2 seems to be confusing and bit long process for all normal users so I decided to make a toolkit to make it simple for you, this is first and initial version I will be updating UI and will add more features soon in the coming versions, This Toolkit will help you to root your Mi Max 2 using PC, which boots TWRP and you can flash SuperSU and flash many of your favorite custom ROM and apps.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device gives similar access to administrative (superuser) permissions as on Linux.
Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices. Thus, rooting gives the ability (or permission) to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized applications ("apps") that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user. On Android, rooting can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the device's operating system, usually with a more recent release of its current operating system.
Will rooting void my warranty?
Rooting won't void your warranty for any of your Xiaomi Devices.
Advantages of rooting?
Advantages of rooting include the possibility for complete control over the look and feel of the device. As a superuser has access to the device's system files, all aspects of the operating system can be customized.
1. Support for themes, allowing everything to be visually changed from the color of the battery icon to the boot animation that appears while the device is booting, and more.
2. Full control of the kernel, which, for example, allows overclocking and underclocking the CPU and GPU.
3. Full application control, including the ability to backup, restore, or batch edit applications, or to remove bloatware that comes pre-installed on many phones.
4. Custom automated system-level processes through the use of third-party applications.
5. Ability to install a custom firmware (also known as a custom ROM) that allows additional levels of control on a rooted device.
1. Unlocked Bootloader
3. Root Toolkit Version 1.0
4. Latest SuperSu by Chainfire
5. Magisk ( Alternative for SuperSu )
6. Type C Data Cable
7. Enabled USB Debugging
How To Enable USB Debugging in your Mi Max 2?
1. Go to about device of your Phone2. Tap 7 Times on MIUI Version it will enable Developer options
3. Enable USB Debugging from there
Settings--Additional Settings--Developer options--USB Debugging
Procedure 1. Download all necessary files from above
2. Place SuperSu.zip or Magisk.zip in your phone storage
3. Unzip Oxygen Root Kit V1.0 using Winrar or 7Zip
4. Run Oxygen Root Kit V1.0 file as Administrator
5. Connect your Phone via USB Cable don't forget to enable USB Debugging
6. Press Enter to continue, it may as for permission of USB Debugging in phone enable it
7. TWRP will be flashed and your phone will be booted into TWRP
8. Click on Install Zip and Choose Super Su or Magisk File and swipe to Flash
9. Clear Cache and Dalvik
10. Tap on Reboot System
11. You're done
Special thanks to Raaj52 for guiding me for making this tutorial and Amal Muralee for his rooting guide for Mi Max 2
[Tips] Root Toolkit Version 1.0 For Mi Max 2