Mi Max

[Tips] Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max

2016-07-17 09:24:54
6906 8
ROOT MI MAX

If you are a Xiaomi Mi Max user, then you can Root Xiaomi Mi Max and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Max. The Recovery we provide is the official version of TWRP for Xiaomi Mi Max. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Max. Read the below note carefully before you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max.

Note:-
  • Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
  • Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
  • It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
  • Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.

Files required to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max –Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlocking’option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Mi Max from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing  “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader 4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.fastboot devices 5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 6) Now type below command in command prompt or by pressing “volume up + power button” to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max.fastboot boot recovery.img
7) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
8) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
9) Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”. It will disable the Encryption and mount your storage.

10) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Mi Max.
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Xiaomi Mi Max and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max successfully. The first reboot takes some time to start the system.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max. If you have any questions, then comment below.

2016-07-17 09:24:54
Favorites12 RateRate
Edited by shashankp1 at 2016-07-18 07:53 AM

Hi. Thanks for sharing. For those users who are going to try this, please take backup of your data.

BTW The images and banner in this thread point to Mi 5 rather than Mi Max.
2016-07-17 21:22:07
Mi Community India
shashankp1
Hi. Thanks for sharing. For those users who are going to try this, please take backup of your data.

Oh sorry i didnt thinked about
The picture
2016-07-18 03:15:38
Arjun
Hi,

Can you please help in below issue.

My mobile is showing notification that update is pending, I reboot my MI MAX when updating it stuck on SCREEN LOCK, I didnot create SCREEN, PATTERN/PIN p**word.
I contacted customer care, they send me below suggestion.

3. If yourphone is not bound to any account, this feature is a last resort as it willdelete all data on phone. It is mainly for mobile phone users to ensureinformation security (wiping all data from phone). You can enter Recovery Modeto clear user data (This will clear your messages, contacts, call records,account number and other personal information, and analog SD card data) can be.(Clear Methods: In the off state, the phone click the volume down + powerbutton to enter recovery mode, then the volume down for the selection, thevolume is confirmed, move the cursor to the recovery, click on the volume, waitabout 10 seconds, you will see green robot, then click the power button, youcan see the recovery screen, select wipe data / factory reset, then select yes,and wait for the system to reboot).

However by holding power Key and Volume Down button, It goes to FASTBOOT MODE, showin image of bunny holding Data Cable. And nothing else to click.

My Question:-  Is MI MAX already have Recovery Mode to wipe cache data, OR I have to follow instruction which you shared above.

Thanks in Advance
2016-08-01 05:25:30
sir i update my mobile weekly update miui 8 6.11.3 so what i do ?
2016-11-06 07:41:18
shahzad replied at 2016-08-01 03:55 PM
Hi,

Can you please help in below issue.

once I was also stuck with this......but you can't do anything until you are having that password. Try to remember out all the passwords you created at the starting when you had buy the phone. Don't try for Flashing it will not resolve your problem
2017-03-28 07:26:38
do this method and twrp work when you try to root your mi max after updation to nogut version
2017-08-15 00:06:00
Download links are not working
2017-08-28 05:31:39
Super Su file provided for root is not being downloaded. Please check it. It says the requested file does not exist.
2017-09-13 04:57:04
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

MIUI 8
India 2nd year
100K members

Mi Comm APP

Stay updated on Mi Products and MIUI

Copyright
Content Policty
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list