In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Accessories

[Discussion] Vacuum cleaner issues with black carpet

2017-10-10 13:53:22
7583 7
The fall sensor, or cliff sensor detects the black lines on my carpet and it doesn't allow the vacuum to clean these spots. How can I fix this issue? Is there any way I can disable the fall sensors?

Thanks,
Eugene
2017-10-10 13:53:22
Favorites RateRate
Hi Eugene, I do not think you can fully disable the fall sensors as it would put the vacuum cleaner at risk, lets say if there is a flight of stairs and.. it will tumble all the way down.

Some users have previously mentioned that putting a semi-translucent duct tape has worked for them to clean carpets. You need to still let some space between the tape and the sensor for it to work, if not it would prompt you to clean the sensor. Let me know if this helps,

2017-10-10 22:41:28
谭将俊 (Tham Jiang Jun) replied at 2017-10-11 04:41:28
Hi Eugene, I do not think you can fully disable the fall sensors as it would put the vacuum cleaner  ...

Hi, I can not believe that after so many unsatisfied customers with carpet, you have not yet inserted the option in the new firmware shutdown cliff sensor, so they decide to shut it down or not. They do not have all the stairs. I just bought it, and I'm very unhappy with the carpet and its stamping and uncleaning. For me it is a waste of money
2018-07-04 13:57:57
Branimir Jelčić replied at 2018-07-04 12:57:57
Hi, I can not believe that after so many unsatisfied customers with carpet, you have not yet inser ...

Agreed.  I am going to be disassembling my robot and bypassing the cliff sensors. It should be a very easy job I can document if others would like the info.

Dave
2018-08-20 00:34:37

Rookie Bunny

1750265942 | from mobile

Same problem here. I thinj would be a good feature to select a map as a trusted area or something and in that case to disable thr sensors. Or yo be asked if there are any staircases and if not disable the sensors.
2018-11-11 01:04:41
Dave Brunner replied at 2018-08-20 07:34:37
Agreed.  I am going to be disassembling my robot and bypassing the cliff sensors. It should be a v ...

Hello Dave,

Have you managed to dissemble vacuum robot for bypassing the cliff sensors? If so, I am so interested in.

I have all my carpets dark and this vacuum is not even moving when it got on the carpet. I tried to duct tape method and it works fine but, tapes get take off after some time.

Why they are not adding just a little button to disable cliff sensors to make hundreds of customers make happy?

2018-11-29 06:39:13
Hello ,

Really we don't understand why we can't  activate and deactivate the cliff sensor .I don't have any stairs on my house ,is not dangerous to do this.
2019-01-23 03:39:45

Rookie Bunny

1908706241 | from mobile

I also have this issue. I have tried to use the duct tape bandaid but hasn’t worked for me so far. I go from dark carpet to dark rug and treats it like a wall. Please help!! I want to keep using this I think it’s amazing all of the rest of the time. Yeah, I’m on a 1 level apartment. No danger for dropping it here.
2019-02-19 23:10:47