Hello, Mi Fans!
Are you worried about your battery calling a day off before you do? Not techie enough to understand battery management science, but just need to save some more juice to last a little longer? Well, you do not need to worry about this as we have got you covered! Along with the extra massive battery Mi packs in, here are the awesome tips that will surely let you and your battery buddy spend a bit more time with each other. We will go in a categorical manner from easy general settings to be toggled to setting something a bit advanced.
1. Keep the GPS, Wi-Fi & Mobile Data off
2. 'Performance Mode' - Only When Needed
3. Turn 'Wake Lock Screen For Notifications' OFF
5. Turn 'System Animations' OFF/ON
6. Brightness Control
7. Turn OFF Vibrations System-wide
9. Playstore Update Schedule
Auto-Start & Background Presence
10. Turn off Auto-starting of Apps
For which apps I should allow auto-start?
What if I want to just keep the app temporarily in RAM & saving it from cleaning RAM action I perform?
11. Keep Location Sharing to 'Battery Saving'
How does this affect to my apps?
12. Turn Off 'Google Location History' Reporting
What does this option do?
13. 'Keep Wi-Fi On - Always'
It has three options,
14. Turn Off 'Wi-Fi Scanning Always Available'
15. Change Wi-Fi Frequency Scanning Band
What does this option do?
16. Limit Content Of Syncing Via 'Settings - Accounts'
How does this affect?
Battery Saver & App Battery saver
MIUI 8 comes with a battery saver & specific app battery saver, using which you can intelligently manage the battery usage across system apps & user apps uniformly.
17. Battery Saver
18. App Battery Saver
You will find four options under it, defined rules below will kick in,
1. MIUI Battery Saver (recommended)
2. No Restrictions
3. Restrict Background Apps
4. Restrict Background Activity
19. Security App - Battery - Extra Settings
1. Turn Off Mobile Data When Device is Locked
Head over to 'Security app - Battery - Click the top right icon for setting':
2. Clear Cache When Device is Locked
3. Battery Drain Notifications
4. Schedule Power ON/OFF
20. Automated Tasks
21. Battery Saver Toggle
Hope this guide will help you prolong your charge! Regardless the correct settings, some loosely designed third party apps & Google play services may keep your device awake with hours long wake lock acquisition & can cause massive battery drain. Unfortunately, all those cases are subjective and you are your own savior in those case (or go here). Your questions, feedback & suggestions are welcomed under the comment section below or in MIUI Feedback section.
[Tips] [Explore MIUI] Power at Last - 20 Tips for Good Battery Backup!