As announced earlier that the Android based MIUI 9 is coming to Redmi Note Prime/4G, So, Mi Community is glad to announce full changelog & download links for MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.9.22, if you are on Beta ROM you will get update via OTA i.e. Settings>About phone>System Updates and in case the update has not reached you or you are impatient then here are the links......to download the ROM.
Our Global Beta ROM is released weekly with additional features on top of the stable version. The new ROM allows tech-savvy users to enjoy new features that are unavailable in the version received through OTA updates of stable ROM. However, this version is not as stable as the Global ROM. If you are a Mi fan who likes to experience new features and knows how to flash your device, you may choose to explore the Beta version. For normal users, we recommend sticking to stable ROM and related OTA updates.
MIUI 9 Global Public Beta Supported Devices
How to Upgrade to MIUI 9
1. Please back up your data and apps before upgrading to MIUI 9, know more here.
2. Stable ROM users of MIUI V5/6/7/8, please upgrade to MIUI 9 via fastboot method (download fastboot ROM).
3. MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM users, please go to ‘Updater’ app and check for updates (or download Recovery ROM).
4. If your device is bootloader locked, please unlock it before fastboot flashing, know more here
5. How to flash & setup MIUI 9 full guide.
MIUI Global Beta ROM 7.9.22 Changelog
Fix - Long pressing soft buttons lead to FC issues (09-19)
Fix - Sorting contacts for the Russian language (09-19)
Fix - Issue of recently used pictures were rotated automatically (09-20)