MIUI Feedback

[Suggestions] A new feature is must!

2017-09-11 12:23:28
179 15
I have using a redmi phones for quit a while and i came across a small problem, actually i dont want to put finger print lock on phone and just want to put it on my apps which i want to keep private because my phone is used by many so i dont want to just keep telling or alway have to unlock nad give otgers to use it just frusted me ..
I just want to give a single option to put fingure print lock only on my apps and not over the phone ...now their a only option to use fingure print on bothe phone and apps ....i my suggest is consider i would be glad ....
Thank you for your precious time
2017-09-11 12:23:28
Favorites RateRate

Bunny Master

Kanu Swami | from Redmi Note 3

Hi, Yes you can do this. You can lock every app with fingerprint and also you can set it as you want like if you want to unlock app every time when you launching it etc...
There are many types of Settings.
So you can use these settings to get relief.
2017-09-11 12:39:19

Bunny Master

Go to security app and by scrolling you will see AppLock option.
2017-09-11 12:40:53
Hi there,

Please always wirte your device name and MiUi version in the thread, so that we can provide you better help regarding the issues.

The Xiaomi devices that are having a fingerprint sensor are able to lock the apps of the user as per his/her wish, and also the app lock will need an backup protection for it to enable the applock for the apps using fingerprint sensor, as if any case sensor doesn't work/your hands gets wet/dirt and unable to scan the finger.

You can choose your fingerprints for which they are to be used, but for this your device/lockscreen must be locked with the security options provided, and then scan your fingerprints.
Now if you want the fingerprint should work only for the apps go to settings - lockscreen & password - manage fingerprints - unlock using the security you have set - now choose the things you want the fingerprint unlock should be used like for lockscreen , privacy password of the applock.

Hope this helps you.
Regards
2017-09-11 14:53:25
Please read & follow the RULES before you post in the MiUi Feedback section
Redmi 2 prime miui version 8.5.1.0
2017-09-11 14:55:00

Bunny Semi-pro

aa Author | from Redmi Note 3

Kanu Swami
Hi, Yes you can do this. You can lock every app with fingerprint and also you can set it as you want ...

but if i put lock on it also look my phone i just want fingure print lock over the app only
2017-09-11 23:31:42
AKASH

Bunny Semi-pro

Siva Abhi
Hi there,

Please always wirte your device name and MiUi version in the thread, so that we can provi ...

i am currently using redmi note 3 and its version is MIUI 8.5.6.0...
but if i activate fingure  print lock it locks both the phone and apps ..which i dont  want
i gets only option to lock apps with a pattern ..i dont want phone to lock
2017-09-11 23:36:27
AKASH

Bunny Semi-pro

i know i can lock every app with fingerprint but i just want to use it for apps and not for the phone lock
2017-09-11 23:37:54
AKASH
aa replied at 2017-09-12 10:07:54
i know i can lock every app with fingerprint but i just want to use it for apps and not for the phon ...

Hi there,

Currently you need to set a device protection to use fingerprint sensor to unlock things.
Thanks for your suggestion to improve MiUi experience, let's hope we shall have a solution for this in future MiUi updates.

Keep using MiUi and send us your feedback/suggestions.
Regards
2017-09-12 01:38:33
Please read & follow the RULES before you post in the MiUi Feedback section

Bunny Master

aa
but if i put lock on it also look my phone i just want fingure print lock over the app only

Actually, This feature is not in Mi Devices. So please don't try to find this settings. But here is only one Settings which you can use " you can invisible your pattern".
I hope you understand.
Follow me to stay connected.
Thank you
2017-09-12 05:26:33

Bunny Novato

1618554031 | from Redmi Note 3

Miui guys. Pls pls listen. If I want to use fingerprint to unlock my apps I need to lock my phone. I want to keep my phone unlock forever and use fingerprint to unlock my apps. This latest update 8.5.6.0 in redmi note 3 was this problem previously was able to lock apps without locking whole phone with fingerprint
2017-09-13 11:14:18