Air Purifier 2

[Review] Review of Mi Air Purifier 2: Your ticket to Clean Air...

2016-10-04 02:00:37
3231 40
Edited by swastikswaroop at 2016-10-04 01:38 PM

Hey Mi fans
Mi launched it's latest Air Purifier i.e. the Mi Air Purifier 2 in India last week.
It won't cost a fortune like other Air purifier in the market while promising you the better performance than them.

It includes a 360 degree 3 layer filter, real time monitoring and timer schedules via the Mi Home app and 4 different modes including auto and manual.

All that comes in whit just a price of Rs.9,999/- only.
Incredible, isn't it?

Lets me give you an review of Mi Air Purifier 2, why you need it and it will be best for you.
But first, let me tell you what's this Air pollution is about

What is Air pollution:
Wikipedia says:
Air pollution is the introduction of particulates, biological molecules, or other harmful materials into Earth's atmosphere, causing diseases, allergies, death to humans, damage to other living organisms such as animals and food crops, or the natural or built environment. Air pollution may come from anthropogenic or natural sources.

How it's measured?
An air quality index (AQI) is a number used by government agencies to communicate to the public how polluted the air currently is or how polluted it is forecast to become. As the AQI increases, an increasingly large percentage of the population is likely to experience increasingly severe adverse health effects. Different countries have their own air quality indices, corresponding to different national air quality standards. Some of these are the Air Quality Health Index (Canada), the Air Pollution Index (Malaysia), and the Pollutant Standards Index (Singapore).

Why you need an Air Purifier:
According to the World Health Organization, 22 of the world's 50 most polluted cities are in India. In fact, Delhi has been ranked as the most polluted city in the world. In these cities, mostly, the pollution is contributed by industrial and vehicular exhaust.
If you have allergies, you should choose an air purifier designed for allergy relief. These models feature HEPA filters, or High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, which are proven to eliminate 99.97% of common airborne allergens sized at 0.25 microns and larger. These include pollen, dust, dust mites, mold spores, ragweed, and pet dander. HEPA air purifiers are regarded as the most effective air purifiers on the market.

So now lets me take you to the review of Mi Air Purifier 2, why it's best and why you need it.

The Design:
Unlike any other Air Purifier available out there in the market which looks dull and boring, the Mi Air Purifier 2 is sleek, stylish
and very gorgeous looking. One can say say, it looks very futuristic. And its elegant white color looks stunning!
It is almost 40% lighter than it's predecessor i.e. the Mi Air Purifier, which was also smaller than it's available competitors. And also it’s 11% quieter than the first version at just 30dB (that’s silent!).
[attach]45677[/attach][attach]45678[/attach]

The Air Purifier 2 measures just 20.4-inch (520mm) in height and just 9.4-inch (240mm) in width. It takes less surface area than a A4 size paper.

It weighs just 4.8 kgs. Can you believe that!!

As the device has 360 deg cylindrical filter, so the body has pores in each side of it.

Needless to say the Mi Air Purifier 2 will be a better companion around you house through all these pollution.

How it works:
The Mi Air Purifier 2 has a 360 deg cylindrical 3 layer filter. Its triple-layer design removes particles larger than 0.25 microns with a high-density EPA filter, while an activated carbon filter removes formaldehyde, bad odor and other harmful substances.

It takes in air more efficiently from every direction compared to conventional air purifiers. It filters out over 99% of particles sized 0.3μm and larger, using a H11-grade high density HEPA filter.

High performance filters can't distribute clean air to the far corners of your home. That's where the dual fan, four air duct system comes in. Mi Air Purifier 2 uses two high performance fans to take in and expel air upwards through 4 independent air ducts. Clean air spirals up towards the ceiling, circulating 360° in all directions to fill the room before being drawn back into the purifier.

Mi Air Purifier 2 uses an ultra-dense Toray PP and PET HEPA filter to trap PM2.5, PM0.3, pollen and other inhalable particles, allowing only clean air to pass through. It measures 7.7m when fully extended and effectively filters out 99% of PM0.3 particles and 99.99% of PM2.5 particles.
Mi Air Purifier 2 is capable of producing clean air to the order of 310 cubic-meters/hour. The range of this device is 21 square meter to 37 square meter.

The life of the HEPA filter is around 6 months and may vary depending upon usage. Changing the filter is very easy and new filters can be bought on MI.com too.

The device will automatically detect when filter replacement is needed and will notify you through Mi Home App.
And it also keeps track of estimated lifespan of the filter.

Soo... Quiet........
It is one of the best feature of Mi Air Purifier 2. In comparison to it's competitors out there, its only the Mi Air Purifier 2, that is the most quiet.
It’s 11% quieter than the first version at just 30dB (that’s silent!)

Of all those the good work it does to purify the air around it, yet it manages to to keep quite and only produces noise like a gentle breeze.

App control:
One of the best thing about Mi Air Purifier 2 is that it has full fledged app control.
That is, every thing about it can be controlled through the Mi Home App which comes pre installed in Xiaomi phones. If you are not a Xiaomi user, you can install the app from Google Play Store. The app is alos available for iPhone users too. You just need to open a Mi Account of yours, pair your Mi Air Purifier 2 with your smart phone via your WiFi network and you are good to go.

The app itself offers different modes of Air Purifer 2 which you can set, it will even remind you about how long the filter is going to last and will also remind you when you are in need to change the filter.

Let's say, you are at your office, and you want that your room should be breathable when you get home, so you just need to take you phone out, turn on Mi Air Purifier 2, and when you reach home, Voilaa!!
Your room air is ready to breathe.

You can do other things like monitor your pollution level in real time and set timer schedules.

Does it really work??
Xiaomi claims that the Mi Air Purifier 2 takes just 10 minutes to circulate purified air in a 21m2 room.

According to Techradar:-'While I do not know the exact size of my room, the Xiaomi Air Purifier managed to lower the PM 10 level in my room from a very dangerous 75 to a breathable 38 in about 12-14 minutes.'
http://www.in.techradar.com/revi ... leshow/54445395.cms

And according to Indianexpress:- 'In my bedroom, where I usually prefer to keep these, the Mi Air Purifier 2 bought down the PM2.5 levels from 55 to 22 in half an hour, which is good. I had it on sleep mode all night and in the mornings the level where at 36, which is again acceptable.'
http://indianexpress.com/article ... ailability-3042544/

So from these, you can guess, Mi Air Purifier 2 really works.

Final Verdict:
Air becoming polluted day by day due to increase in number of vehicles as well as industries.
So Air Purifier are becoming more of a necessary gadget for all rather than luxury.

So if you are looking for a Air Purifier for you, the Mi Air Purifier is the best choice available now.
It will be, small, efficient, powerful as well as wont't cost much.