In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note

[Review&Unboxing] Rocking With MIUI 9 - Lightning Fast!

2017-08-13 20:15:11
7338 7
Hello Mi Fans,
MIUI is Xiaomi's first ever product (yes, before we started producing phones) and it all started in August 2010. Today, MIUI has 2.8 billion active users in 142 countries over the world and equipped with 55 languages.

On 26th July 2017, MIUI 9 was announced along with Mi 5X, Mi AI Speaker. Since then, I believed fans have been looking forward to the day they are able to upgrade to the latest version. The goods news is that both the China and Global Beta ROMs are finally available to the public and will be slowly rolling out for the different handsets.

Here are some of MIUI 9's key features:
  • Lightning fast system
  • Explosively fast launch time for apps
  • Dynamic resource allocation
  • Image search
  • Smart assistant
  • Split screen

MIUI 9

Today, I set up MIUI 9's China Beta ROM for my Redmi Note 4 and would like to share a little on the interface and the split screen features.

Did you notice a new theme below?

MIUI 9 - Interface

Choosing the new "Limitless" theme, the change in the icons' design is quite noticeable.
Most of the core apps shifted from a squarish icon to a circular one. The new design gives the interace a minimalistic look which I feel is quite pleasing to the eyes.

Apart from the standard home screen, there is a 3rd screen on the left.
This is a customization page where you can have information of your steps counter, calender event and take quick notes.

Here you will find a full list of items that can be added onto the screen:

Going into the Settings page, I noticed a new tab "My device" on the top which was not available in MIUI 8.

Clicking on it brings you to a page with information on the specifications of your device all nicely summarized with logos to go with.

Lastly for interface, I would like to share with you the lock screen. Now, there is a timer at the bottom which indicates time remaining till the phone reaches full charge.
This is a simple yet useful information to have.

MIUI 9 - Split Screen

Next, I would like to share one of the most awaited feature I was looking forward to - Split Screen!
The purpose of the split screen feature is to allow users to work on 2 screens concurrently. Users can reference information on one screen while typing on the other.

To access split screen, open both apps you wish to run and then click the menu button (left navigation button).
This will bring up recently opened apps. Follow that by clicking on "SplitScreenMode" on the top left hand corner.

You will then be asked to drag one of the apps to the grey space on top.

And there you have it, 2 apps showing on 1 screen.

Please note that not all apps can be put into split screen mode and you will be alerted should an app you chose is not supported.

This concludes my sharing of MIUI 9's interace and split screen feature.
Do you like what you have seen? Share your thoughts in the comment section.

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2017-08-13 20:15:11
Favorites6 RateRate
awesome! thanks for sharing! awaiting for miui 9!
2017-08-13 20:54:40
君子之交,淡如水
Great review! Thank you so much!
2017-08-15 18:22:06
I'm Sofia, Mi Comm Team Member.

Advanced Bunny

SKHo@Xiaomi | from Redmi Note 4

TQVM! Can't wait to hands-on the Split Screen feature!!
2017-08-17 07:13:32

Advanced Bunny

Ni9h7m4r3 aka Sleepy | from Redmi Note 4X

nice review man. i never know this god im hopeless haha anyway thx man~
2017-10-01 23:29:21

Master Bunny

Thant Zin Aung | from Redmi Note 4

Thank for sharing
2017-10-02 01:41:10

Rookie Bunny

1797429020 | from mobile

Ganti gmn nie lp sandi
2018-03-15 10:28:03

Rookie Bunny

Pradeep Mahla | from mobile

Great reviews. I also use this update. But I want to update my phone more and more.
2018-04-01 14:14:53