Mi Router 3C

[Discussion] PpPOE Advanced setting missing

2017-07-05 14:08:55
991 6
So i recently got the Mi Router 3(not 3c) when i try to connect to my broadband... It more often than not is unable to connect.... My ISP however says i need to add service name under advanced setting in PpPOE.

I did a lot of research but am unable to find it.... If someone can help it would be great.

Basic example u can google about any tp link router... For PpPOE service name option.

Help would be highly appreciated.
2017-07-05 14:08:55
Favorites RateRate
I think no need to add service name choose automatic configure
2017-07-14 02:57:43
Ajinkya1812
I think no need to add service name choose automatic configure

Already tried that but it keeps disconnecting
2017-07-14 03:12:01
I did it this way - see attached pic.

If it gives some error like 603 or 609 etc or says authentication error, call your isp and tell them to reset the mac id connected to your login name.
Many isp's set mac id of router to that of account so people can't login 2-3 times.
After the isp resets the mac id you will be able to connect to the internet.

2017-07-16 02:36:42
What ISP you're using?
Even Ajinkya1812 is right. I tried without putting service name and I could connect to the ISP.

call your ISP and tell them you can't connect with the new router. they will reset the connection at their end and it will connect in seconds.
2017-07-17 11:31:53
I'm sure you've figured it out now. I just purchased the router today and was struggling with the same issue regarding Advanced PPPoE settings for adding my cable ISP Service name. The app does not allow you to do it but when you use your browser through a computer, you can.

All you need to do is go through  the wireless setup options that show up first on the www.miwifi.com page (after you accept Terms & Conditions that is) and once the wireless SSID is set up, it takes you to a regular admin page that allows you to manually configure your ISP details, be it SERVICE NAME, DNS or MAC address.

Connected within a minute.
2017-07-28 11:00:01
same problem dude ... there are no any service name ....its totally third class router ... every time setup manually when switch on .... its never get automatically.... i wasted my money .......
2017-07-29 03:02:40

Mi Comm APP

Stay updated on Mi Products and MIUI

Copyright
Content Policty
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list