In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Chat

[Contest] [Announced] Share Your Best Memory of Your Family Celebrations to win Mi 9T Pro!

2019-11-25 03:14:59
46334 324
Announced on 10 December

First Prize winner: Reply# 35 Hexxleyy

Congratulations Hexxleyy! Please send your Real Name, complete address including country name and phone number to raviki and Elaine within 7 days from the date of announcement and failing to do so you cannot claim the prize.

Hi Mi fans!

Thanksgiving day is here! 2019 has been a fantastic year for the Mi Global Community that we are now a family of 400k members! From the Mi Global Community Management team, we want to thank every Mi fan who helped and supported us through out the year to make this community a big one and a better place to be. Mi and You are always better together!

Thinking of Thanksgiving, it reminds me of all the good memories I had shared with my family and friends all these years; the times when we gathered together to celebrate, to visit places, to have a reunion after years. I still remember when my family gathered last January after 2 years, it was like a big festival to us four! My mom prepared favorite foods, we went to see movies, visited beautiful places and spent time talking until late nights and what not. Life is what you celebrate! How about you? Have you had any similar memories of celebrations with your family and friends? Share with us your best family memory and win a Mi gift pack!

How to participate?

1) Reply to this thread and share the best memory of celebrations you had with your family or friends.
2) You can share a memory from the past or you can share a recent one.
3) You may also add more details in your post like pictures or videos of the celebration.

Prize:

Mi 9T Pro
(One winner will be chosen by the Admin based on the quality, uniqueness and presentation of the entry)

Contest time (Beijing Standard Time):

26th to 30th November 2019
Winners will be announced on or before 10th December.

Note:
1. Once winner is announced, it cannot be changed unless at Admin's descretion.
2. Please do not post any spam or irrelevant posts.

Prize display:

Mi 9T Pro

Rate

Number of participants 3 Experience +55 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-11-25 03:14:59
Favorites152 RateRate
Hello Everyone,
This is Arun Abhimanyu,
First of all,
Happy Thanks Giving Day
To Everyone Here..!

Here's my Best Memory with my family,
Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful.
It means you will love & be loved for the rest of your life.
Diwali is one of my favorite celebrations that my family takes part in. Coming from a mixed heritage, my parents have always ensured that we celebrate both English and Indian festivals which not only means that we receive double the number of presents but also feel a sense of belonging to both cultures. Diwali is also known as the "Festival of Lights" as it is traditional to light up your house with an impressive array of candles and small clay oil lamps to symbolize the triumph of good over evil. As a family, we spend most of the day preparing the house by cleaning and decorating it before the evening party begins. The evening party is a welcomed excuse for family and friends to come together, enjoy a varied and plentiful selection of flavorsome Indian dishes and dance the night away. The house becomes a beacon of light and merriment full of laughter, music, and fireworks.
It has always been important that everyone attends the celebration and for years I watched as relatives and family friends traveled from work, home, and University to make sure they were home in time.  Now that I live away from home myself I have to pre-book my train to guarantee that I can make it home. This hasn’t always been easy and during my first year of University, I prided myself on never missing the connecting train between Hyderabad and Godavarikhani until I missed it on Diwali. Due to a broken-down bus, I missed the train by five minutes and thought I would not be able to make it back to Godavarikhani in time to make the celebration that I had been looking forward to. After an hour of stress and hard negotiation, I managed to get myself a place on the next train which meant that I could make it after all. From that day I made myself a promise that I would not ever come that close to letting my family down again, especially when the day is that meaningful.

(Low Light-Low clarity picture but it doesn't matter. Because we have tons of memories and splendid moments in our hearts.)
2019-11-25 22:18:59

Pro Bunny

Ice Milo | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

Goodwill and peace amongst all sentient beings.
2019-11-25 23:17:54
Hope I could be there also
2019-11-26 01:10:57
Thank you for all Mi Fans #BetterTogether..
2019-11-26 01:55:43

Photography Team

silky916 | from MI 9 Transparent Edition

Awesome 👍
2019-11-26 01:58:35
Hello Guyies

I'm sharing some shots back from 2018. It was a special moment for me, As I spent some quality time with my family exploring different cities in India.

It's always a good thing to have a selfie partner.. #Sibling

When you're with your family, There is always some funny moments.You're busy taking selfies, but your family members are busy somewhere else..

Some crazy friends

Travel Memories

It was a great time for me, As my mom dad first time came by flight. Spending time with your love one's is always the best thing in life.

2019-11-26 02:17:44

Super Moderador

feds64 | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

Thanks giving had been the best time to do a family gathering or your extended family despite of our work and extra activities schedule. Gathering together once in awhile makes it something to cherish and rebound the family ties. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Mi fans.
2019-11-26 02:41:36

Master Bunny

vrobot | from app

Awesome
2019-11-26 04:08:01
Thanksgiving is all about saying thanks to your loved ones. And, saying of loved ones, who else better than your beloved FAMILY. So, thanksgiving is basically my "FAMILY TIME".  I usually go to my hometown or go on vacation with my family. We go for a picnic with some of our close relatives (when not on a vacation). We cook food together, play games, long chats with a bonfire in our garden area (because of chilling weather in winters in my hometown, sometimes it dips to 1-2 degrees). But, all these activities make a good and pleasing (family) environment. I personally loved those days because I stay in a different place for work and I get very little time with my family throughout the year. So, those few days are special for me.

Last year, we went on a Trip. That was the most amazing trip I had in my life. We visited 4 states in North-East states of India. We had a great time there! All the 3 meals a day, we were having it together for 7 days. Isn't it great? We talked for hours, we played games, we laughed together and many more such things! Due to insufficient network over those areas, so, literally, we were "ENJOYING WITHOUT SMART-PHONES", I mean, this is not the thing we do daily right? I and my family made good "memories".
This year, I am going to my "home-sweet-home" to spend some quality time with my family (and also doing all the above-written activities).

I want to say, take out some time for your family. They are the only ones who love you selflessly (no matter what). We all owe them a lot for our lives. Whatever they have done, that's a lot! That we can't give them back (because that is immense love). But, what we can do is, give them our time, keep them happy! Because, Life is all about love, right?

On that note, I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving and a very happy Christmas!

You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them!

Here are my family photos from our recent vacation

2019-11-26 04:27:45
AKASH
Photography Team

Advanced Bunny

JosephRulz | from app

Will update, happy Thanksgiving in advance
2019-11-26 05:30:35