In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 7

[Q&A] help please no miui 11 update (RN7)

2019-11-05 08:32:52
1347 8
Today is 5th of November. I reviewed miui 11 update on my Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Chinese rom, but here on Redmi Note 7 I still have miui 10.
Can anyone explain me please like I am 5 years old what's wrong with update miui 11? I see almost all friends of mine who have RN7 have received an update except me!? How is it possible?
2019-11-05 08:32:52
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

6248390109 | from Redmi Note 7

Download MIUI 11 Downloader app from playstore, with this app choose your model and desired ROM version. While the ROM is downloading, in the system update option tap the xiaomi MIUI 10 logo many times until a message appears which says something like additional options unlocked. When the ROMs download finishes go back to the system  update settings (where the miui 10 logo appears and you can check for updates) tap in the the three dots that appear in the upper right corner and select the option :choose  update package and it will open the explorer and let you find and choose the ROM which should be in the downloads folder. It will check the ROMs and once verified your update process should begin with no problem
2019-11-05 09:01:47

Pro Bunny

mister S Author | from Redmi Note 7

Download MIUI 11 Downloader app from playstore, with this app choose your model and desired ROM version. While the ROM is downloading, in the system update option tap the xiaomi MIUI 10 logo many times until a message appears which says something like additional options unlocked. When the ROMs download finishes go back to the system  update settings (where the miui 10 logo appears and you can check for updates) tap in the the three dots that appear in the upper right corner and select the option :choose  update package and it will open the explorer and let you find and choose the ROM which should be in the downloads folder. It will check the ROMs and once verified your update process should begin with no problem

thanks for advice, but this is not OTA update? What will happen if I accidentally brick device or all my data will be lost? I ask this because at the moment my PC is not working and I would be unable to fix any issues
2019-11-05 11:13:36

Pro Bunny

I tried the app it doesn't have option for European global stable rom. It shows only Chinese or Global rom I have PFGEUXM...
2019-11-05 12:06:03

Rookie Bunny

mister S
I tried the app it doesn't have option for European global stable rom. It shows only Chinese or Global rom I have PFGEUXM...

The Europe version and the global version are practically the same  try to update with the global version or look for another way to get the official ea rom for miui 11
2019-11-05 14:36:39

Pro Bunny

The Europe version and the global version are practically the same  try to update with the global version or look for another way to get the official ea rom for miui 11

practically means that I will brick my phone if I do that. I have to have opened bootloader etc. I don't have it. I tried all options but it doesn't work.  you guess I have to wait and wait for it's update
2019-11-05 14:41:58

Rookie Bunny

mister S

No, it's not OTA update but it's a valid method to do it I had problems when updating to miui 10 via OTA so I did it with an official downloaded rom. It's the same process. About warranty I can not tell you but I can tell you that  I have used this method twice with no trouble at all
2019-11-05 14:44:09

Pro Bunny

ok, I tried, and it said you can't install unofficial rom. I also talked with someone who did it. They also confirmed everything you said. I don't know what is wrong with my phone
2019-11-05 16:21:12

Rookie Bunny

mister S
ok, I tried, and it said you can't install unofficial rom. I also talked with someone who did it. They also confirmed everything you said. I don't know what is wrong with my phone

Ok, do not worry the update will get to to you sooner or later hope it is the first choice
2019-11-07 07:59:35