In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Singapore

[Other] Complaint/Grievance - Mi 9 SE - Ongoing Warranty & Service Issues - Singapore

2019-10-24 03:52:51
243 2
Hi Mi Team,

I purchased a Mi 9 SE back in July and have had consistent issues with it ever since.

Initially there was the issue with network connectivity for those on Starhub, where device would constantly drop network. I had to swap back to my old device until this was fixed.

The biggest issue I have been experiencing is one that occurs at least once a week if not everytime the device is set up. The device suddenly locks the screen, unlocks, cannot read sim, reads sim, etc. The device is unresponsive until the sim tray is ejected and restarting doesn't fix the issue and a factory reset is required. This occurs regardless of the MIUI build, sim card or network or tray slot used.

See video: https://youtu.be/3vpPSNleBTY

After 2 months of troubleshooting, factory resets, different UI builds and configurations I took it into the Singapore Xiaomi service centre on the 11th September 2019.

- They replaced the main board and figureprint reader and did a factory reset. Once this was done, I took the device home and the same issue occured within 24 hours.

- I took the device back in where they simply did a software update. Once this was done, I set the device up in store and the issue occured again.

- I requested a refund and after a week I was advised that Xiaomi would only replace the screen and internals. Once this was done, I set the device up in store and the issue occured again.

- I requested a refund again (this was on the 30th September 2019) and was advised on the 14th October 2019 that Xiaomi would only provide a 1 for 1 replacement. This unit was going to be sent from Hong Kong and be received in a week.

- I called the Singapore service centre on the 24th October 2019 who advised that they haven't received the device nor have they received any sort of advise that it has been sent from Hong Kong.
It has been 3 weeks since I last saw the phone and almost 2 months since I had it in my possession.
I've reached out to news media and will be providing them with all the details. I have also contacted the Consumer Association of Singapore to raise a complaint regarding Xiaomi breeching the 'lemon law'.

What can be done to expedite the resolution of this issue?

2019-10-24 03:52:51
Favorites RateRate
Hi there, its unfortunate you are having a bad experience. I see that you have already taken proper actions including reaching out to CASE under lemon law. I'm afraid there are no other new steps apart from what you have already undertaken to resolve the issue.

For the benefit of other users, please do keep us posted on outcome.
2019-10-29 21:30:55
Maxnate

Advanced Bunny

Tckrto | from MI 9

why not just change another model like mi9?
2019-11-30 08:00:17