In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Y/S Series

[Q&A] Question for devs regarding launcher

2019-10-17 05:02:50
193 4
Hello, I have one question for devs:

I'm owner of Redmi S2 phone (which I'm very satisfied) and it has it's system launcher, which isn't great. It doesn't have most important thing - app drawer. This makes it absolutely useless for me and I'm using custom launcher. What's more interesting that after browsing some free launchers, I decided to stick with Poco launcher, which is free, without annoying ads, has app drawer and almost everything that is needed for a good launcher (only thing it lacks is ability to hide apps). As we all know Poco belongs to Xiaomi, so it's your product. What I really don't understand, why leaving some of your phones with bad launchers and make another launcher available for all phones which is superior and free? Whouldn't be it easy to make one launcher for all your phones?
Also, if you won't do this? Could you then at least improve your system launcher by adding app drawer and making it at least as decent as your Poco launcher? Come on, who uses launcher without app drawer nowadays?
2019-10-17 05:02:50
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

SebastianRami32 | from Redmi 6

Well, the rumors say that Xiaomi has been developing an app drawer for Mi Launcher. In fact, its APK was leaked a few months ago. I think it will be released with MIUI 11
2019-10-17 15:33:47

Advanced Bunny

ditendra Author |

SebastianRami32 replied at 2019-10-17 23:33:47
Well, the rumors say that Xiaomi has been developing an app drawer for Mi Launcher. In fact, its APK was leaked a few months ago. I think it will be released with MIUI 11

That's good news. Let's hope they do it.
2019-10-17 15:36:34

Advanced Bunny

SebastianRami32 | from Redmi 6

ditendra
That's good news. Let's hope they do it.

If you search, you would find the APK I'm talking about. The version is 10.XXXXXXXXX
2019-10-17 15:41:56

Master Bunny

tZe_vitamin | from Redmi Note 8 Pro

find on Google and install MIUI system Launcher alfa, after installing this apk file, you will get to choose between app drawer swipe up and left right..
2019-10-24 08:09:37