In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Q&A] why android system consumes so much battery?

2019-10-17 02:21:56
257 4
Hello

is this result normal?

2019-10-17 02:21:56
Favorites RateRate
Hi there!

Android system comprises of all the system processes, even including the background ones. So it is to noted that it works all the time. But to define 'normal', we need to know about your total time duration and SOT and so on. But yes, Android system normally uses less than 20% of the total battery at times, especially if you live in an area with bad reception. It could be anywhere between 10-20%, so it should be normal. Next time you check, look at it in contrast with your actual usage and SOT.

Cheers! :-)
2019-10-17 04:50:04

Advanced Bunny

luiss34 Author |

happybuddhist replied at 2019-10-17 11:50:04
Hi there!

Android system comprises of all the system processes, even including the background ones. So it is to noted that it works all the time. But to define 'normal', we need to know about your total time duration and SOT and so on. But yes, Android system normally uses less than 20% of the total battery at times, especially if you live in an area with bad reception. It could be anywhere between 10-20%, so it should be normal. Next time you check, look at it in contrast with your actual usage and SOT.

thank you dear

SOT is around 4-5 hours, but usually it was screen and youtube which was consuming battery.
I just updated my phone with a clean installation and now I am thinking that it is about installing backup from cloud..

I will analyse it for next few days, if android system keeps exploiting my battery I will install latest stable rom again with clean installation.

have a nice day.
2019-10-17 06:24:56
Mi Mİx 3

happybuddhist | from app

luiss34
thank you dear

SOT is around 4-5 hours, but usually it was screen and youtube which was consuming battery.

That seems pretty good. Since you had just updated, let it settle down for a few days. Anything around 10-20% should be normal with Android System, so don't worry about that.
Cheers! :-)
2019-10-17 06:28:55

Advanced Bunny

MagnumArrow | from Mi MIX 3

try clearing the data and cache of Google play services. you will see big difference.
2019-10-18 05:20:23