In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi MIX 3

[Q&A] Mi Mix 3 with Google Pay

2019-10-11 00:45:56
295 8
Hi,

I have been using the Mi Mix 3 now for 6 months and have been really happy with it.

However yesterday I went to use Google Pay and got a message explaining my phone wasn't compatible with it.

Note I have been using the Mi Mix 3 with the Mi Global Beta as the default rom didn't allow me to change the notification sounds on applications like SMS apps and Gmail. U sure if they have fixed this now.

But long story short I have been using the global beta rom without issues using Google Pay, yesterday I couldn't pay as it said my device wasn't compatible.

Checked in Google Play Store under Settings and it shows Play Protect Certification: Device is not certified.

Could this be related to Mi dropping the Global Beta rom now? Does the current Stable Rom now let you change notification sounds? Anyone on the Global Stable Rom able to still use Google Play?

What is the best way I can back up my phone with settings etc so I can restore the Global Stable rom?
2019-10-11 00:45:56
Favorites RateRate
Hi there!

Generally, Beta ROMs aren't certified by PlayStore. Also, unlocked bootloader could also lead to this same issue. It's not really due to the fact that Beta is no longer supported, but probably because PlayStore checks your device's security patch and also the Beta version and identifies as a custom ROM. So to make things work, you need to switch to Global Stable ROM.

To make a local backup, kindly refer to this thread -
How to make Local Backup, and how restore it after flashing or factory reset!!
http://c.mi.com/thread-2248402-1-1.html

For contacts and others, use Mi Account or Google account. I would also suggest you to move your media files to your PC manually, as a precaution.

Cheers! :-)
2019-10-11 02:12:24

Advanced Bunny

CFSFirey Author | from Mi MIX 3

thanks for that, yeah boot locker is still locked it was only switching to the official beta rom that I changed. I think I might have found the issue, I will check on next purchase and report back. Thank you for the backup details I have photos and contacts backed up to Google it was more so the layout and apps I was wanting to back up and keep but I also want to make sure that the current global stable allows you to change Gmail notification sounds.
2019-10-11 02:52:24

Advanced Bunny

Nope tried what I thought it was, didn't work.
Can anyone confirm if global stable allows you to change Gmail notification sounds...
2019-10-11 05:04:54

happybuddhist | from app

CFSFirey
Nope tried what I thought it was, didn't work.
Can anyone confirm if global stable allows you to change Gmail notification sounds...

I can't check this on Mi MIX 3 at the moment, but it is available in POCO F1, so it should be available I guess.
2019-10-11 05:42:15

Advanced Bunny

It was available on that before when the global stable on the mi mix 3 it wasn't. I need to know it's is there now before I go to all the effort of restoring and set it all back up.
2019-10-11 07:19:38

Advanced Bunny

Anyone able to confirm if the Mi Mix 3 Global Stable rom allows you to change notification sounds on Gmail?
2019-10-13 22:18:36

Advanced Bunny

Hello, anybody out there or have a way to actually contact support I have tried the feedback app with no assistance.
2019-10-15 22:45:15

Advanced Bunny

Restored my phone back to global stable, confirmed they have now fixed the notification issues and you can set custom tones now.
Confirmed that Google Pay is now authorised and certified, it appears that support for the beta was dropped.
2019-10-16 05:01:28