In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Other Devices

[Other] Xiaomi Mi 10: What We Want From It?

2019-10-06 19:49:11
368 10
OK guys, straightly forward, I'll say that Mi 9 disappointed me!
And the reason is crystal clear:
Compared to the flagships from other brands, at the very best, Mi 9 felt like an upper-range phone!

Because:

1) HORRIBLE battery (PUBG for around 2.5/3 hours!!!)
2) No Dual-Speakers
3) No Hi-Res audio output
4) No OIS
5) Disappoiting front camera
6) Its back-side looks nice... but from the front-side it looks like Mi A3. Look at that mid-rangish notch and bezels!

I could mention the IP Rating too, but since it's for the lazy people, I won't include it.
And I don't care about Mi 9 Pro and every flagship phone that gets launched in Q4 of the year. I'm talking about the vanilla flagship of the company. The one that comes in Q1 of the year. The one that starts the career of the company throughout the year!

I really don't know why POCO F1, a budget-saving phone, has stereo speakers... while Mi 9, the flagship of the company, has a mono speaker.
I don't know why Mi A3, a budget phone, has the best selfie camera among the others... while Mi 9, the flagship, has a disappointing one.
I don't know why Redmi 8A, the budget phone, has a great battery... while Mi 9 has a TERRIBLE one!

I don't know what you would say, but I don't consider the Mi 9 as a 5 STAR FLAGSHIP!
It lacks all of those things. it even lacks some features that are included in mid-range and even budget phones! That's ridiculous!

I don't even know if they are going to listen to me or if they care about this thread... but however, I'll share my thoughts about what Mi 10 SHOULD HAVE!

1) A great battery. 4000+ mAh. Yeah!
2) Ditch that notch man, ditch that notch!
3) OIS
4) Hi-Res audio support
5) A decent stereo speaker
6) If you are NOT going to use a decent front camera, then please, make the rear ones to do the selfie job!
7) A bigger display... 6.6 inch would be quite good. Samsung Galaxy Note10+ is 6.8 inch and it's selling like hell! So there's no problem with a big display!

Hufffff... That's it!
What do you think? What do you expect from Mi 10?
2019-10-06 19:49:11
Favorites RateRate

Master Bunny

sabai-sabai | from Mi A2 Lite

thanks for sharing your thoughts, mate :-) we're impressed with above expectation list, dude ;-) Just wondering, though, are you going to fork out sufficient funds for all those demands?
2019-10-07 07:39:18

Rookie Bunny

Orange97 Author | from mobile

sabai-sabai
thanks for sharing your thoughts, mate :-) we're impressed with above expectation list, dude ;-) Just wondering, though, are you going to fork out sufficient funds for all those demands?

Let me answer your question with another question:
Is the Mi 9 a True Flagship or something budget-saving like Pocophone F1?

That's right. Mi 9 is a flagship phone. So what does it mean? It means that it's a phone that sould have premium and high-end specifications. It should match every other flagship phone from other brands, from every single aspect.

I can't complain about K20 series, since they are something like Poco F1. They are budget-saving phones. In order to offer such phones, Xiaomi sacrificed some premium and high-end features to lower their cost.
I can't complain about them. They are doing the "Flagship Killing" job very well.

But... I can't say nothing about the Mi 9.
It IS a flagship man, a FLAGSHIP!
It isn't a phone made for saving your money or cutting features.
It IS a FLAGSHIP. It should be the most premium phone of the company. It should have all of the premium features!

But hell... It lacks some features that are included in older and even budget phones! And I have listed them all in my starting post.
And I want to add to the list the fact that Redmi K20 series, the budget-saving flagships, look and feel a lot more premium than the TRUE FLAGSHIP of the company, Mi 9!
I'm serious. I'm not joking. Beileve me... Mi 9 looks like a mid-range phone. If you give Redmi Note 7, Mi A3 and Mi 9 to someone who doesn't know their specifications and if you ask him that which phone do you think is a flagship?
He would say: RN7 or Mi A3.
Believe me! :)

Of course I'm a Mi Fan, and I'm not going to turn my back to Xiaomi and buy a phone from the other brands... No! Never!
But it doesn't mean that I won't complain about what the company is doing. Seriously they need to watch their back. OPPO and Realme are getting closer.
You won't believe me? Go compare Realme Q and Redmi Note 8 and see by yourself how Realme Q packs Snapdragon 712 which is way better than Redmi Note 8's SD665... And they both have the same price!

Anyway... I hope that Xiaomi re-defines the term "Value For Money" in 2020.
Mi 8 was such a huge upgrade from the Mi 6.
And so did the Redmi Note 7 from Note 6 too!
Both Mi 8 and RN7 made Mi 6 and RN6 totally obsolete! This is a great thing to have a new series outperforming the older series from every single aspect!

But Mi 9 and RN8 failed to do that. There are still people who prefer buying Mi 8 and RN7.

So I think that the next generation needs a major upgrade. A Real Major Upgrade!
I mean the 2020 generation should be so great that they leave no reason to buy the current phones.
Especially the Mi 10!
2019-10-07 13:06:10

Master Bunny

Orange97
Let me answer your question with another question:
Is the Mi 9 a True Flagship or something budget-saving like Pocophone F1?

thanks for your reply with a question instead of an answer, highly appreciated, mate :-)
In short: nope, mate, it's NOT a "flagship phone", but a phone of excellent value for money, though :-)
Alarger battery, better lense(s) with OIS, and whatnot, all cost more money which will ultimately result in higher selling prices.
Product cost mathematic is almost as predictable as physics: component prices as well as gravity can hardly be beaten, unfortunately.
Supposed one buys a KIA with the same BHP engine like a 911 Carrera S2, it won't, no, CAN'T be as good as a Porsche of every aspect of angry driving, right?
2019-10-07 13:36:46

Rookie Bunny

sabai-sabai
thanks for your reply with a question instead of an answer, highly appreciated, mate :-)
In short: nope, mate, it's NOT a "flagship phone", but a phone of excellent value for money, though :-)
Alarger battery, better lense(s) with OIS, and whatnot, all cost more money which will ultimately result in higher selling prices.

You're right... But if it's based on what you say, then honestly, Xiaomi should not call the Mi 9 a flagship phone. At the very best, it should be considered as a Flagship Killer or something like that... Yeah.

But however, I hope they at least won't disappoint us with Mi 10.
At least, they should make it pack a 4000 mAh battery.
At least, they should ditch that notch.
You know, I wish they make it look like the original Mi Mix. That phone from 2016 looks a lot better and prettier than this Mi 9 from 2019.
Really...
2019-10-07 15:41:18

Rookie Bunny

sabai-sabai

Just compare the look and design of Mi Mix 2016 versus Mi 9 2019.
It feels like the Mix Mix is made in 2019 and Mi 9 is made in 2016:

https://picax.ir/upload/k4rb_tmp-cam-950803477.jpg
2019-10-07 16:00:13

Master Bunny

Orange97
You're right... But if it's based on what you say, then honestly, Xiaomi should not call the Mi 9 a flagship phone. At the very best, it should be considered as a Flagship Killer or something like that... Yeah.

But however, I hope they at least won't disappoint us with Mi 10.

yep, my mi 9 T pro has got the 4k mAh battery as well as the notch free screen for less money than the mi 9. Actually that under dimensioned  battery was the reason I didn't buy the mi 9 :-).
whether that slider camera will last, I'm not sure yet, though :-)
good luck for getting your top notch mi10 at reasonable price, mate ;-)
2019-10-07 16:01:51

Rookie Bunny

sabai-sabai
yep, my mi 9 T pro has got the 4k mAh battery as well as the notch free screen for less money than the mi 9. Actually that under dimensioned  battery was the reason I didn't buy the mi 9 :-).
whether that slider camera will last, I'm not sure yet, though :-)
good luck for getting your top notch mi10 at reasonable price, mate ;-)

You know, I would %100 buy Mi 10 the day it releases, if...

1- IF They don't cut the nice selfie camera from it and give it to Mi A4.

2- IF They don't make it notchy and cut the notch from Redmi K30.

3- IF They don't make it pack a 3000 mAh battery, and instead, they give the Redmi 9A a 5000 mAh battery.

4- IF They don't put a mono speaker and give a stereo one to POCO F2.

5- IF they don't make it look like iPhone X, and instead, make it look like the original Mi Mix! ... This was the real 'futuristic' design that unfortunately, Xiaomi rarely used it from 2016-present (Only used it on Mix and K20 series) and instead, they sticked to the iPhone's ugly, long, notchy design.

So this is what I expect from Mi 10. This is my Mi 10 wishlist. This is ALL I want from it.
You know, I don't want it to chew and swallow the Galaxy S11...
But I want it to be easily the best Xiaomi phone.
A phone that packs every single nice feature you see in the other phones of the company.
A Phone that has it All.
That's it!
2019-10-07 18:47:35

Master Bunny

Orange97
You know, I would %100 buy Mi 10 the day it releases, if...

1- IF They don't cut the nice selfie camera from it and give it to Mi A4.

let's hope the top management reads this thread and decides in your favor, therefore, mate :-)
Xiaomi might go for Zeiss or Leica optics with 2-5x optical zoom as well as a fantastic OIS. For that device I'm ready to spend a couple of hundred extra $ :-)
2019-10-08 02:48:15
Let the company be worried about Mi 10.

Focus on your life, Company will deal with Mi 10.
2019-10-08 13:09:50

Semi Pro Bunny

455813539 | from MI 9

power!
2019-11-15 09:04:10