In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Max 3

[Q&A] Set exceptions for DND-Mode?

2019-09-06 15:41:52
327 6
Hello there,

I'm currently searching the option to still let my phone ring when it is in DoNotDisturb-Mode.
Normally all sounds except alarms are silenced, but I've seen on my older phones (non Miui roms) that you could add contacts as exceptions to that mode so that the phone would still ring.

I would need that because I like to silence my phone over night, but when my grandmother calls, I would need it to ring because it might be an emergency.

How do I configure something like this?
I have a Mi Max 3 with the latest stable xiaomi.eu rom.

Regards
2019-09-06 15:41:52
Favorites RateRate
In DND setting no such option, you can give access only form contact list
2019-09-19 03:02:29

Advanced Bunny

Zacki06 Author | from MI MAX 3

So in the contacts I can find an option to exclude chosen people from DND mode? Where, I've checked everything single option and didn't find anything. I would be very thankful for a solution.
2019-09-26 17:28:35

Master Bunny

Itai.Gan | from MI MAX 3

you can set exception on stared contacts
2019-09-30 23:11:42

Advanced Bunny

Itai.Gan
you can set exception on stared contacts

You mean the favourite contacts? Didn't find anything there either. Could you explain that in a bit more detail?
2019-10-02 04:15:12

Master Bunny

Itai.Gan | from MI MAX 3

Zacki06
You mean the favourite contacts? Didn't find anything there either. Could you explain that in a bit more detail?

right, favorite, see attached from dnd settings
2019-10-02 11:00:13

Advanced Bunny

Itai.Gan
right, favorite, see attached from dnd settings

Ok I found it, thanks. It doesn't work exactly as I need it, but I might be able to work around that. I need the option to allow this on a "per contact" basis rather than just allowing the favorites group but as I said, better than nothing and I'll try to work around that.
2019-10-02 11:09:22