In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

App

[App Review] [Mi ART] Feedly : Read and Share What Matters to You!

2019-09-07 02:04:52
394 10

Hello Mi Fans,

The Internet, specially our smartphones have changed the way we used to view news or stay updated with different articles. Everything we need is present right at our fingertips. This has made it easier to keep ourselves updated with the happenings across the world never than before! If you want to follow different writers, publications, blogs and channels, your companion would be the RSS reader apps. We will talk about one such app today - Feedly. Its an amazing app to give you news from various sources and across various genres & topics at one place. So, without waiting any further, lets get started!

First Look

Feedly helps you in reading blogs, learning new topics, and tracking keywords, brands or companies. Feedly is connected to more than 40 million feeds. So no matter wherever you wanna get the contents from, Feedly covers almost everything. Tech, Business, Media, Feedly has a lot of fields to get news from. You can also share your best feedly finds with your LinkedIn networks or integrate it with Salesforce, Trello and 700+ other apps.  When you open the app for the first time, you would be welcomed with a dark themed page. After that it's your job to sign in with your google accounts to keep a track on your reading stuffs. In case you don't need it, just skip it and continue reading without saving the progress.

Features

Layout & Experience:
Before I divulge into the features, let me just share my overall experience with the working of the app. The minimalist UI, dark theme and smooth app navigation are the key highlights of this app. The contents loads quickly and not at all time consuming. That's another advantage of it. The viewing experience becomes more comfortable because of different layouts. You can have your articles just like the way you want. Be it Text-only, Magazine or Cards. I prefer the Magazine mode as it fits more articles along with photos on the homepage without even scrolling down. Not only the layouts, you can also have your preference over the Density set ups of the articles. If you choose compact, it would just show the news titles in the home page. If you go for comfortable, it would display the first line below the title as well.

Feed:
You can have a look at the Feeds in two ways - Today and All. Well, quite naturally Today shows the current day's headlines where as All means all of your personal feeds in one place. The Feeds are categorized into two tabs again - Me and Explore. To all the feeds and news sources you subscribed or following, their updates fall under Me tab. It's convenient as you can get all your required news listed together. But sometimes it might be necessary to have a look at trending stuffs. Explore is the place where you go. Important and trending news from Tech, Marketing, Design and many more genres are available for Feedly. Keep scrolling!

Discover:
My most favorite part of the app is Discover. Here you can explore different genres like Tech, Cyber Security, Marketing, Business, Politics, Science etc. The list is almost endless. Be it any industry, or any trending events, you can discover anything and everything here. All you have to do is just choose the category first and then go through the sources enlisted in the menu. Once you get your favorite source, click on it and get all the news from the sources. You can also follow any of them you like and incorporate them in the suitable feeds - Business, News etc. One thing to be mentioned here is, with the free version of Feedly you can have 3 feeds and 100 sources. Anything beyond it, you need to upgrade to premium.

Reads:
While reading your favorite articles, you can customize the text as per your wish. You can change text size and fonts. While some of the fonts are premium, the free fonts are awesome too. You can copy the entire text, highlight different important parts of it or even translate using Google translator. If you want to bookmark any article just add them to your personal boards. By default there is one board - Read later. You can create one more of your choice. Like I created Likes. These comes helpful to shortlist and save your favorite articles for future purpose.

Premium Features:
Feedly has a lot of interesting features which comes with the tag of Premium. Power search and Mute filters are the most important among them. With power search you can delve into the specific articles that interest you within your feedly or within a specific publication. You can opt for removing irrelevant articles from your feed using keywords. Wanna share and connect your favorite articles to tools like Pocket, LinkedIn, Ever note? Feedly Premium would do it for you. But but but... they comes at the cost of 6$ per month with a 30 days free trail. For me, I am absolutely fine with free version without these add ons!

Settings:
Feedly has the in-built Night Mode which you would surely be beneficial for you, if you are fond of dark mode. Well, I am! So you can assume, I absolutely love this feature. Apart from it there are few more settings you can play with. Like set the scrolling mode to either Smooth or paged. You can also sort the articles based on it's popularity, or publishing time- Latest & Oldest. Last but not the least is Article Animation. To have a  stupendous reading experience, you can alter the animations from Expand, Slide to Fade. With the recent update, another new feature is added where double tapping on the article text makes you exit the article.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • Read articles from all the top publications across the globe
  • Read, like, or share your favorite articles from thousands of various topics available.
  • Faster articles loading
  • Text customization, different display layouts

Cons:
  • With recent update, app is crashing sometimes
  • Free version of app has limited access to sources and feeds.

Conclusion

Feedly is a beautiful news reading app which will leave you amazed for sure for it's contents, viewing experience and so on. From all the top publications to thousands of different genres and topics, this app has it all. The premium version has a lot of interesting features but trust me even in the free version you have loads to explore. The app is real fast. I have used other RSS readers as well but Feedly is much more faster than those. The display layouts and articles animations are amazing features to have on board. The in-build dark mode is cherry on the top. So, on a whole its a perfect app to keep you updated about the current happenings.

I will give it 4.5 out of 5

Additional Information

Downloads

Download Feedly - Smarter News Reader from Google play store

Or,
Download the APK
Feedly.apk (17.79 MB, Downloads: 2)

Rate

Number of participants 4 Experience +45 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-09-07 02:04:52
Favorites3 RateRate