In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Q&A] How to default Apps installation to Google Play Store instead of Getapps ?

2019-08-29 21:09:15
239 1
Hi,

With MIUI 10.4.2, there is Getapps (previously known as Mi App store) now available on China ROM phones (original locked China Mi Mix 2).  However, one gets into the situation that some apps installation are "forced" to Getapps instead of play store.

Is there a way to default apps installation to Google Play store with MIUI 10 ?  There is "defaults app" available under Security but unfortunately Getapps is not one of the selection.  Also, in "default apps" of Security, in "opening links", one is able to see the supported links for Getapps are play.google.com, market.android.com and app.xiaomi.com, however in some situations, apps installation still defaults to Getapps.

Can someone enlighten how to circumvent this ?
One other solution is to flash to Global ROM, but that will entail first unlocking the bootloader (takes days), then flash with global ROM and then re-locking it.  I am not very familiar with flashing but will this caused the phone to be bricked if I re-lock an original China ROM phone after global ROM flashing.  Seems to read somewhere in the forum that phone can be "bricked", hence this solution is not preferred.
Quote:
Warning!
My humble request to all of you, please don't try to lock your bootloader if you have installed TWRP or any custom recovery. It might cause unrecoverable hard brick, as I don’t take any responsibility if you do anything wrong in this process.

Unquote

Regards,
Yangae

2019-08-29 21:09:15
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

RockinBandit | from Mi 9 SE

Have you installed Gapps?
2019-09-04 04:17:17