In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

General

[Other] Stock vs MIUI. Is stock android overrated?

2019-08-22 13:22:14
237 4
I recently got the Mi A2 stock android device after hearing all the rave reviews about stock android.
While I personally like the stock android software, I also feel its probably overrated. There doesnt seem to be such a big difference compared to MIUI.
The best thing I like about stock is the pure google play services experience. But if you delete the MI apps, you could use google services on MIUI as well. I also never really understood the attraction of the app drawer. Why use it when you can just open the app from the shortcut on your home screen?
I also dont like how stock handles split screen activation.
Anyway. Why do you prefer stock or MIUI? Is stock overrated?

2019-08-22 13:22:14
Favorites RateRate
I recently got the Mi A2 stock android device after hearing all the rave reviews about stock android.
While I personally like the stock android software, I also feel its probably overrated. There doesnt seem to be such a big difference compared to MIUI.
The best thing I like about stock is the pure google play services experience. But if you delete the MI apps, you could use google services on MIUI as well. I also never really understood the attraction of the app drawer. Why use it when you can just open the app from the shortcut on your home screen?
I also dont like how stock handles split screen activation.
Anyway. Why do you prefer stock or MIUI? Is stock overrated?

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/csakwi/stock_vs_miui_is_stock_android_overrated/][/url]

2019-08-22 13:30:42

Advanced Bunny

sabai-sabai | from Mi A2 Lite

It depends: Those who like/demand speedy monthly updates and/or longer update cycle should go for AndroidOne device.

2019-08-22 14:09:16

Semi Pro Bunny

SirMorokei | from Mi 9 SE

Well Stock android basically means perfect performance in any way (battery life, general speed if the device etc.). All official stock roms are well tested and verified by Google but that doesn't mean there aren't some bugs. Stock android is nice if you want to keep your device look to a minimum and the performance to a maximum. MIUI is heavy. It's full of bugs, feels more and more unsupported (global market) and is mostly focused in the Chinese market.
Stock android is equally supported in every market. Also if you like stock android but still want some customisation you can always try to use custom roms like LineageOS. These are basically the best of two worlds. You have stock android experience but also you are able to customize your experience to a certain degree. In the last couple of years rooting comes more and more 'unpopular' so custom roms is the best solution to customize your device without using root mods/applications. That's why rooting becomes more and more unpresent. Still you can make fun stuff with root but Google always tries to implement the most used feature from root mods/apps into the stock experience.
2019-08-22 16:07:31
Stock android is equally supported in every market. Also if you like stock android but still want some customisation you can always try to use custom roms like LineageOS. These are basically the best of two worlds. You have stock android experience but also you are able to customize your experience to a certain degree. In the last couple of years rooting comes more and more 'unpopular' so custom https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/ roms is the best solution to customize your device without using root mods/applications. That's why rooting becomes more and more unpresent. Still you can make fun stuff with root but Google always tries to implement the most used feature from root mods/apps into the stock experience.

i agree!
2019-08-24 14:48:01