In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Resources

Rayhan's App Book
Subscribed
Subscribe

[App] [App Maniac Episode-2] Do You Know About POCO Launcher? How Much You Like it? Reply to Win a Medal !

2019-08-16 15:02:39
13334 131
Hey Mi Fans,
A warm welcome to Mi Community Bangladesh Resouce Team & also welcome to our new project 'App Maniac', In every month we will share the best app review. You guys will get a medal if you have shared your opinion about those apps! Today, we are going to talk about POCO Launcher 2.0.

Android is very flexible when it comes to the app launcher. There are quite a few to choose from, depending on your tastes & requirements. In such a scenario, choosing the right launcher can be confusing & stressful. The POCO Launcher, originally designed for the Pocophone F1 & after Redmi K20/Redmi K20 Pro, has gained popularity due to its advanced customization options.

The launcher is quite simple with a clean UI. It has an app drawer with apps sorted in categorized tabs. There’s a search bar at the bottom of the app drawer to find apps right away. It doesn’t offer unnecessary features that might slow down the phone. The best part about Poco launcher is that it is available for other phones on Google Play Store. Let's have a look at all the amazing features of this launcher.

1. App Drawer
POCO Launcher comes with an app drawer that you are familiar with. What’s more, there is no dedicated app drawer icon either. Just an arrow pointing north. Swipe upwards anywhere on the screen to launch it and swipe back down to close it.

Inside the app drawer, all your apps will be automatically segregated into different categories like Photography, Tools, and more, with each one having its own tab.

There is an All tab where the apps are sorted in alphabetical order by default. If you have a large number of apps installed, this can make things easier as everything is neatly sorted.

2. Grid Lock
POCO UI is more compact and displays five app icons in a row. This means you can have more apps on the same screen making things more accessible. This also means you have to swipe less to see all your apps.

3. App Widgets:
POCO takes a different approach and mimics the 3D Touch Quick Actions from iOS. For the same app, SoundCloud, I get to see a Widget option. Clicking on it will reveal all the available widgets on the same screen which is convenient.

Note that some users may see even more options. For example, when they long-press YouTube in POCO Launcher, they saw Subscription, Search, and Trending options. This was not the case with me. However, I think this is more to do with the fact that POCO Launcher is still in the alpha stage as noted on their Play Store page.

4. Handy Search Bar:
POCO's launcher comes with a built-in search bar. However, it was the search bar's location inside the app drawer that took me by surprise. The search bar is placed at the bottom of the screen so you can easily reach it with your thumb. Most phone makers place it above the app drawer.

When placed at the top, you have to stretch your thumb or use the other hand to tap it. I wonder why other launchers never thought of this feature. I mean, it is so convenient. That said, there is no search feature on the home screen. So once again, you will have to rely on Google's widgets.

5. Group By Color:
POCO Launcher can also group app icons by color. To enable it, launch the app drawer and hit Settings at the top. Enable Group icons by color option and go back to the app drawer.

Under the All tab, you will now see 6 different colors. Select anyone and all the app icons carrying the chosen color will be grouped and shown together. I didn’t know I had so many red app icons on my phone! The search bar at the bottom turns into an icon and is moved to the right corner.

The launcher updated to 2.0. Let's have a look at the changelog:
  • POCO Launcher is fully compatible with Android Q now.
  • Dark mode rolls out
  • You can change the style of notification badges(Dots or Count) if your device is running Android 8.0 or later.
  • You can double-tap the screen to lock device now.
  • Show more local results in search(type less!)
  • Lock home screen icons.
  • We extended functional support for various phone models.

Download
Grab It From Here.

So how much you like Poco Launcher? Do you use any other launcher? Reply before 11.59 PM on Aug 21, 2019 (GMT+6) to Win 'App Maniac' Medal!

Medal Preview:
Reply Fast For This Amazing Medal!

Single Poll thread Total 165 Users Voted This Poll has ended.

78.18% (129)

21.82% (36)
Submit

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +15 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-08-16 15:02:39
Favorites22 RateRate
Rayhan's App Book
Collection of Useful and Handy Apps
38 Article Description     212 Subscribers
Subscribed
Subscribe

Grand Master Bunny

$huvo | from app

Yeah... I used it twice... Loved the experience tho
2019-08-16 15:12:39

Device team

HYP3R | from Redmi Go

Fast Experience with the best interface. Loved it!
2019-08-16 20:25:28
HYP3R

Special Team (Mobile)

Master Bunny

Sojib hasan | from Redmi Note 6 Pro

i Love POCO Launcher
2019-08-16 21:28:33
sojib

Pro Bunny

jihad.ptk1 | from Redmi Note 7 Pro

I heard about Poco llauncher, it's a good launcher, but I didn't used this, because I really love miui default launcher.
2019-08-16 22:32:41

Mi FC President

Knowledge999 | from Redmi Note 7

I heard that POCO Launcher is good which has a beautiful interface having plenty of customization options and is also fast. I haven't used it yet. On that note, I use the default MIUI launcher which I customized it.
2019-08-16 22:43:54
Mehedi Hassan (Knowledge999)
Techie Team Member
Mi FC President, Mi Community Bangladesh
group by colors is the best feature
2019-08-16 23:20:47

ߣ$h0õ | from Redmi Note 5

The Best Experience With The Best Interface , Poco Launcher Is The Best Launcher ♥️ .
2019-08-16 23:35:34

Advanced Bunny

1605549680 | from Redmi Note 5 Pro

I loved it. starting from the app drawer to the dark mode actually killed it. plus the sorting of apps in a systematic order too is noticeable
2019-08-16 23:38:04

Master Bunny

MD SHAHED BEG | from Redmi Note 5A

i am using poco Launcher
2019-08-17 00:02:53
MD SHAHED BEG
MI COMMUNITY BANGLADESH

Grand Master Bunny

Mahmud Af Nahin | from Redmi Note 5

i am using poco Launcher❤
2019-08-17 00:48:33