In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Other] Help. Whyred not booting. Battery problem maybe

2019-07-21 20:26:28

612 11

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

When you physically damaged the phone and then took the back off , were    you able to check the battery connectors to make sure the terminals are unaffected ?
2019-07-21 23:14:07
Reply Report

Device team

Matt Max
What I think is that the battery hasn't charged a single bit. It just runs off of the connected power, and when it can't, it turns off.

It does sound like a battery connection issue and I would visit a repair service.
  I don't know enough about the inner workings .
  Some phones, laptops ,PC's etc  will run from a mains power source with no battery , whilst others will not .
My laptop runs solely of mains as battery is defective . If I reinsert battery it will boot up to system and shut down or shut down on boot
Sounds similar to your experience .
2019-07-22 03:34:52
Reply Report

Device team

Matt Max
The official service center guys told me that they can only replace the entire motherboard, at 7000 INR {~100 US DOLLARS}.

An unofficial repairs guy told me that he'll have to do a "software" repair.

What's an S/W problem ? .
  You say the unofficial guy will do a software update . What method is that when your phone only boots when in USB charge mode ?.
If this software update method doesn't work , what next , change motherboard ?
2019-07-27 05:27:37
Reply Report

Device team

Matt Max
S/W problem, as in, it actually may be A BOOTLOOP?

Software update..

S/W , software problem -Understood .
    I've not read a scenario the same as yours so I could not speculate if events led to software malfunction . It might be the case .
  I've certainly read of service guys wanting to change motherboard as a chargeable fix when users said it was software issue .
  Although official line should be  
take to service guys and cough up $100 ,if I had taken the brave initial step of removing back cover I would try edl test point .
I really have no idea if circuit board was damaged and therefore edl is a waste of time . Sorry .
2019-07-27 18:28:36
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2016-2019 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list