In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[Other] Help. Whyred not booting. Battery problem maybe

2019-07-21 20:26:28

641 11

Advanced Bunny

Matt Max Author |

What I think is that the battery hasn't charged a single bit. It just runs off of the connected power, and when it can't, it turns off.
2019-07-21 21:07:09
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Matt Max Author |

Sarge7 replied at 2019-07-21 20:44:07
When you physically damaged the phone and then took the back off , were    you able to check the battery connectors to make sure the terminals are unaffected ?

Nothing looks wrong on the battery end. But i can't get the correct screwdriver for opening the metal bracket that one has to open to get the battery out, so i can't confirm if the connection on the motherboard is still intact or not.
2019-07-22 00:37:11
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Matt Max Author |

Marcos1809 replied at 2019-07-22 01:54:45
Interesting, I run my laptop the same way :-) Focusing on the phone, there could be damaged traces on the motherboard, any SMD component got loose, any random connector disconnected or the mentioned battery issue, which would be the best thing to happen, since it's the easiest to repair. The phone can definitely take a hit, though, so putting the weight of a thigh on it means that something might have bent too far.

Oh yeah it can take a hit. Especially with the rugged cover and an edge-to-edge tempered glass.
2019-07-22 08:29:26
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Matt Max Author |

The official service center guys told me that they can only replace the entire motherboard, at 7000 INR {~100 US DOLLARS}.

An unofficial repairs guy told me that he'll have to do a "software" repair.

Could this be an S/W problem?
2019-07-26 19:33:12
Reply Report

Advanced Bunny

Matt Max Author |

Sarge7 replied at 2019-07-27 02:57:37
What's an S/W problem ? .
  You say the unofficial guy will do a software update . What method is that when your phone only boots when in USB charge mode ?.
If this software update method doesn't work , what next , change motherboard ?

S/W problem, as in, it actually may be A BOOTLOOP?

Software update..
Idk, maybe EDL works.. I wasn't able to check as I didn't have the screwdriver.
2019-07-27 17:42:12
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2016-2019 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list