In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Redmi Note 5/Pro

[ROM] RN5 problem battery v10.3 android 9.0

2019-07-19 15:03:54
439 17
RN5 problem battery v10.3 android 9.0, 7hours - 80%
2019-07-19 15:03:54
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 | from Redmi Note 5

Your display is on all the time. That eats the battery. Check your screen in time, I guess it will be quite high. You also have many notifications, these apps have a lot of background activity which also uses energy. For example, the YouTube app is a battery drainer, spying you all the time, and watching videos full screen also uses more energy due to needing more processing power. I have everything under control, you can see some examples (I don't include the second space, which I actively use, too).
2019-07-19 19:08:17

Pro Bunny

Nikolas Fabíni Author | from Redmi Note 5

Marcos1809
Your display is on all the time. That eats the battery. Check your screen in time, I guess it will be quite high. You also have many notifications, these apps have a lot of background activity which also uses energy. For example, the YouTube app is a battery drainer, spying you all the time, and watching videos full screen also uses more energy due to needing more processing power. I have everything under control, you can see some examples (I don't include the second space, which I actively use, too).

and what do I do to keep it from taking fast batteries
2019-07-20 02:56:14

Device team

royhard | from Redmi Note 5

can u share your power usage both hardware and apps?
2019-07-20 09:50:36

Pro Bunny

royhard
can u share your power usage both hardware and apps?

app
2019-07-20 13:53:56

Advanced Bunny

ASCIIker | from Redmi Note 5

clash of clans and instagram, and you cant use those with the screen off...what a supreme combo of battery wastage, not to mention wastage of your own time. but i won't judge, feel free to kill your time however you like, i am just surprised you're more worried about the battery :P
2019-07-20 15:01:11

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

Nikolas Fabíni
and what do I do to keep it from taking fast batteries

Reduce your gaming time .
   I'm quite impressed that you've got nearly 7 hours with 20% left given your running services and usage .
2019-07-20 18:05:59

Pro Bunny

Marcos1809 | from Redmi Note 5

It's normal that you quickly run out of battery with that usage. When I go on holiday I constantly use the maps with localisation, the camera, the gallery and maybe I browse the internet. Messaging is something I don't care much about, I just check it out in the morning/at night. Under this schema I have to charge it every day, such frequent use leaves my battery between 40-20% at the end of the day. All unnecessary apps are limited, I force them to close automatically when not in use, that lets me use the phone on what's important. If these games are important for you, you'll run out of battery quickly.
2019-07-20 18:09:53

Device team

Sarge7 | from Redmi Note 5

ASCIIker
clash of clans and instagram, and you cant use those with the screen off...what a supreme combo of battery wastage, not to mention wastage of your own time. but i won't judge, feel free to kill your time however you like, i am just surprised you're more worried about the battery :P

Just for my own peace of mind I'll give it 5 hours of gaming in Pie and then revert to Oreo and give that a go .
  I'll report back my findings .
2019-07-20 18:16:12

Pro Bunny

I have all applications in "background activity disabled"
2019-07-20 19:43:11

Pro Bunny

Sarge7
Just for my own peace of mind I'll give it 5 hours of gaming in Pie and then revert to Oreo and give that a go .
  I'll report back my findings .

I have all applications in "background activity disabled"
2019-07-20 19:43:27