In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[ROM] Bricked Mi 8 Device

2019-07-17 09:34:50
153 1
Hello,

I had a problem doing a official OTA update yesterday for build 10.3.3.0. After the installation, I rebooted the device and it didn't restart again, it stops on the Mi Logo. I tried to go into recovery mode and tried to recover it with the MiPCSuite but the App didn't detect the phone.
I tried to flash using MiFlashTool and forgot to uncheck the "clean and lock" option.

Now the phone is boot locked, and I cannot use MiFlashTool anymore, basically, the phone is Bricked. Tried to unlock it but I need to bind the device to my Mi Account, but since I have no phone, I have no way of doing this now.

I have searched arround and this is a very common problem. Lot's of people are forgetting to uncheck the "lock" option on the MiFlashTool and brick the device. What should I do? Can you unlock the device remotely?

I leave in Portugal, can I send it to the Mi Store in Portugal?

BR, Herlander

2019-07-17 09:34:50
Favorites RateRate
Hi BR, sadly to hear that i'm also have same problem too. I was accidentally flash and brick my MI8 ( Global ROM ) with "clean all and lock" option check. The phone stuck fastboot and recovery screen. I was lucky found the "guy" who has special tools and ID.  Now my phone can work again but run with locked Chinese BETA ROM which i don't like that much.

I want to unlock again to change back to Global ROM, but the MI Unlock give me 152 hours to get permission.

My suggestion go to nearest MI Authorized Service Center, sorry my bad English
2019-07-20 23:41:22