In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

POCO F1

[Other] PocoF1 is still a buggy mess with touch issues

2019-07-17 05:44:48
379 9
https://youtu.be/ZcDbm56hlmI

This literally happened and made me unable to tap anything. sometimes theres a problem where touch is unresponsive the instant i opened my screen.

NVT panel and September batch FYI

also problem where if i hold on a spot for too long the spot becomes unresponsive to touch.
2019-07-17 05:44:48
Favorites RateRate

Rookie Bunny

Pescador_Niii | from app

The major problem on your video is touch response. This is a SOFTWARE problem (kernel, driver, optimizations and etc). The touch register could be a software problem too, or a garbage touch panel choose by Xiaomi. But all batches of F1 touch panel are showing bugs.

It's a shame (very Big one) that Xiaomi dont fix this yet or make a recall. But we all know at this point that this wont happen.
I believe all this will show much less confidence in Xiaomi quality in the future and will impact heavily in sells.

I will not recommend Xiaomi l anymore because all my experience with various Xiaomi devices have major software bugs, lack of support and this is a shame, because the hardware specs are right on price point.
2019-07-17 07:42:07
Which MIUI version are you using? If you are using 10.3.5.0 stable and want to help devs to fix this issue, please refer this thread.
https://c.mi.com/thread-2292053-1-0.html - Use Browser to open the thread. Mi Communtity app does not support opening links for now.

Also, please note that devs are trying to solve touch issue so it is getting better gradually and will get better in the future too. But it might take time to it gets fixed completely.
2019-07-17 09:40:03
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1
Pescador_Niii replied at 2019-07-17 19:42:07
The major problem on your video is touch response. This is a SOFTWARE problem (kernel, driver, optimizations and etc). The touch register could be a software problem too, or a garbage touch panel choose by Xiaomi. But all batches of F1 touch panel are showing bugs.

It's a shame (very Big one) that Xiaomi dont fix this yet or make a recall. But we all know at this point that this wont happen.

Please note that devs are trying to solve touch issue so it is getting better gradually and will get better in the future too. They also made announcement about collecting devices with touch issues for analysis and fix issues(See  https://c.mi.com/thread-2292053-1-0.html). But it might take time to it gets fixed completely.
2019-07-17 09:43:38
MIUI Device Team l POCOPHONE F1

Advanced Bunny

godmi | from app

I got  the same panel and I had the same issue. I still do to this very day on stock kernel. They say devs are fixing it but it's taking way too much time. Anyways, I got mine fixed by flashing a custom kernel on top of latest MIUI stable build. Not a single touch issue ever since. I would advice you to do the same until an official fix is out.
2019-07-17 10:27:40

Advanced Bunny

Styrekei Author | from app

JBJ2
Which MIUI version are you using? If you are using 10.3.5.0 stable and want to help devs to fix this issue, please refer this thread.
https://c.mi.com/thread-2292053-1-0.html - Use Browser to open the thread. Mi Communtity app does not support opening links for now.

10.3.5.0. pretty problematic with the touch issues. imho global betas during may and beyond were also riddled with touch issues. mainly sudden unresponsiveness in one spot after long holds.
2019-07-17 11:01:45

Advanced Bunny

Kcvincent | from app

i don't know why they dont admit this product is a failure!!! It been a years since this phone start selling,and people keep complaining touch issues and other stuff,say touch issues cause by cheap quality screen hardware but blame back software,after blame back software somesay it cause by hardware!!in the end still no sloved until today,and finally Dev dicide to recall some user unit to test it via Twitter !!kind of too late!! luckily xioami not produce car, if does I would kill myself by it buggy air bag!!!
2019-07-17 23:31:15

Advanced Bunny

IgniZz | from app

Kcvincent
i don't know why they dont admit this product is a failure!!! It been a years since this phone start selling,and people keep complaining touch issues and other stuff,say touch issues cause by cheap quality screen hardware but blame back software,after blame back software somesay it cause by hardware!!in the end still no sloved until today,and finally xioami divide to recall some user unit to test it!!too slow!! luckily xioami not produce car, if does I would kill myself by it buggy air bag!!!

regret buying this phone. never buy anything from this company again
2019-07-18 00:25:49

Pro Bunny

jmmigo | from app

godmi
I got  the same panel and I had the same issue. I still do to this very day on stock kernel. They say devs are fixing it but it's taking way too much time. Anyways, I got mine fixed by flashing a custom kernel on top of latest MIUI stable build. Not a single touch issue ever since. I would advice you to do the same until an official fix is out.

Mind to share what's custom kernel you use?
2019-07-18 05:07:24

Rookie Bunny

Pescador_Niii | from app

Pescador_Niii

JBJ2 I understand your argument but I respectfully disagree. For more than SIX months i see bugs reports about touch issues. Some beta releases almost fully solve the problem. Now with stable release the bug is back and worse?
Also no Netflix support (promissed back in the day and then recently denied). Battery SOT problems. Auto screen brightness always too low (this is a devs kids joke to try sustain more battery Power) and various GPS problems.
All this in enumerous posts and feedbacks and all ignored by devs. But new Xiaomi devices released every single month with baked Miui Dev build much more updated than from old devices.
Im a Android and IOS Dev man. I know whats is wrong with the code, I already pointed. I really dont know why Xiomi really dont fix all this yet, is so simple.
2019-07-18 08:08:40