In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

MIUI Tips & Tricks

[] MIUI Cleaner over Other Cleaner: Which One You Prefer?

2019-07-13 04:29:36
347 10
Hello, Mi Fans!

I don't know about you, but I tend to use my phone through the day, find loads of interesting new apps, sites, and things to download, and because of it, my phone tends to get quite bogged down in redundant files.

MIUI provides a native cleaner apps comes integrated as part of the Security app and lets you clear the files, without resulting in any loss of data. You can do more, manually, to clean your handset even further.

If your device has multiple unused apps taking up storage, you can use this process to clean it up. Simply go to Security  Cleaner. Here you will see a Deep Clean button on the top right side of the display. Tap it to see the apps that you rarely use.

Upon tapping ‘Delete Now’, the apps you select will be uninstalled from your Xiaomi device, freeing up some space for the stuff you use daily.

MIUI cleaner, of course isn't the only app that allows you to do that, but I've found that it was the one with the best integration, and, contrary to what happened with others, it never deleted a file that I actually needed to keep.

Maybe you have found something better for you? Please comment and give us your tips :)

Thanks to Abhijitdevnath for the original thread

2019-07-13 04:29:36
Favorites RateRate

Advanced Bunny

thekinaton | from app

funny it won't allow the removal of Google and other built in bloatware
2019-07-14 05:32:41

badboyofrock | from app

thekinaton
funny it won't allow the removal of Google and other built in bloatware

No cleaner will remove system apps without root access
2019-07-14 05:57:09

Advanced Bunny

Tsongming | from app

While I definitely like the built in security/cleaner, it works well and it's free. However, my absolute favorite app for thorough cleaning and optimizing is SD Maid Pro. I also like the All in One and I own the pro version for that one too. However, I definitely feel like SD Maid, is much faster, has less bloat and it's much more powerful, especially when granted root privileges.
2019-07-14 06:46:19

Advanced Bunny

robindel | from app

I love miui cleaner
2019-07-14 08:41:02

News Reporter

spud77 | from app

Never really used one before and don't need to with my ma'hoosive 8gb ram
2019-07-15 10:32:39
no mi without you

Super moderator

Torlyn Author | from app

spud77
Never really used one before and don't need to with my ma'hoosive 8gb ram

Not so much memory wiper as "files you downloaded 6 months ago and never used" :p
2019-07-15 11:21:51

Rookie Bunny

LINKINPARK79 | from app

Miui of course!
2019-07-16 07:04:36

Pro Bunny

Izoli | from app

I am using MIUI cleaner.

2019-07-18 11:30:18

Rookie Bunny

Will Robinson | from app

Wouldn't touch it with a pointy stick considering it's made by Cheetah Mobile - a company notorious for infesting their apps with spyware, data harvesting, and ad fraud code. I'd have removed it long ago if parts of it weren't hard-coded into MIUI itself (like a lot of their bloatware).
If I want to remove something, I'll do it manually.
2019-07-20 05:24:52
yea i used MIUI cleaner, so helpfull
2019-07-23 17:35:23