In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Max 2

[Discussion] Miui vs Alternative( Roms)

2019-07-10 11:55:23

1,101 15
Resurrection Remix 2RR-N-v5.8.5-20180317-oxygen-Unofficial.zip was byfar the best Custom Rom Nogat based for Mi Max2.

After this one the Oreo update was good for performance and battery optimization but the sound was horrible. I have installed and compared both RR versions (Nougat V/s Oreo) and Nougat has the best sound (very good vocals and BASS quality is higher) while as Oreo sounds very Shrill and lower tones are very loud and I didn't enjoy listening to music at all.

The Oreo update Official from the RR website is broken -- the phone doesn't boot at all after the initial logo and even after hours of booting the UI doesn't load -- RR forums and XDA dev know about this issue.

Other ROMs are there like Mokee and Lineage OS I have not yet tried them.

Rate

Number of participants 1Experience +10 Collapse Reason
Lekhraj Gupta + 10 Very nice!

View Rating Log

2019-07-10 15:09:21
Reply Report
ppp951116  replied at 2019-07-11 00:26:32
I will try with that version I did with the Oreo and pie, on pie they corrected many of that function but it's how you said. Did you try with pixel experience ❓

yes tried Pixel experience but it keeps crashing, I have switched back to Nougat now its helping a lot. If you play PUBG then you will get a better experience on the Nougat version, the sound is a killer in this rom
2019-07-14 20:48:46
Reply Report
I went on with RR, Havoc and Arrow, also tried Mokee and Pizza but nothing better than EU Rom -- I miss some features like OTP copy and some other generalised stuff for India only -- like the default music app is coupled with hungama.com music but nevertheless now I don't miss much as EU rom is byfar the best.

No doubt its on Nougat Rom and the security patch is on March 2019 -- but its smooth and the battery drain is negligible
2019-08-06 19:31:18
Reply Report
Instead of using RR and Arrow (because their security patches are of 2018) why don't you all try EU Miui Rom instead ?

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/9-8-1.51621/

Its based on China Beta Rom (also has stable build if you really want it) and its Deoxed and super smooth with all miui features. The Beta version gets weekly updates.
2019-08-06 19:47:49
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Copyright©2016-2019 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list