In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Discussion] Weekend with Mi 8

2019-07-07 17:49:53
395 4
Went away for the weekend for an adventure into the wild.  Simply said, I am very happy with the results from this camera.  

2019-07-07 17:49:53
Favorites1 RateRate

Photography Team

tharukan | from MI 8

Nice captures
2019-07-08 01:11:49
Very nice shots indeed.
Yes, shooting still scenes / panoramas is where the camera of the Mi8 really excels.

(While moving objects in not so ideal lighting conditions are a weak point - but this is true for any camera in this price range and even for system cameras and quite some DSLR that cost alone more than the Mi8)
2019-07-08 04:18:20

Grand Master Bunny

Ian Adoe | from Redmi Note 5A

very nice shots...
2019-07-08 07:32:10

Pro Bunny

btkli Author | from MI 8

JoVo008
Very nice shots indeed.
Yes, shooting still scenes / panoramas is where the camera of the Mi8 really excels.

that is very true.. just curious, what would you recommend for a cell phone that can shoot low light indoors?  I see some Samsung's that have aperture of f/1.6... what other options are there?
ya even with DSLR's, you'll need one with good tracking, a good flash, and a decent lens.  cell phone cams have really made point and shoot cameras obsolete.  I am still amazed with the camera with this phone, and the fact that there is a GCam port for this phone is a HUGE plus.  I would argue that it makes this phone cam compete with some of the best flagships around.
2019-07-08 08:36:59