In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A3

[Other] What's Your Expectations From the Next Device in Mi A series? Share Your Views!

2019-07-07 22:24:26
4676 121
Hello Mi fans,

As we all know, in 2017 Xiaomi launched it's first flagship dual camera smartphone Mi A1, thus giving birth to a new series of Mi "A". It was our best-seller and among the top ten devices of 2017. Mi A1 was also the newest entrant to the global Android One portfolio at that time.

Mi A1:
Mi A1 came with a 5.5-inch full HD display and Corning Gorilla Glass to prevent accidental scratches. It was really slim, just over 7mm in thickness and weighs a mere 168g. Multi-tasking with one hand was a total breeze. Packed with a 3,080mAh battery Mi A1 was powered on a Snapdragon 625 processor which came with a 14nm FinFET technology.

Regarding audio performance, Mi A1 included a 10-volt smart power amplifier which amplifies sound when you’re on speaker mode. We also incorporated the Dirac HD Sound algorithm and a standalone amplifier giving you a more natural and transparent sound. Now-a-days camera is one of the most important feature of smartphones. Mi A1 excelled in that category as well. The Mi A1 flagship dual camera setup used a 12 megapixel 50 mm telephoto lens and a 12 megapixel, 26 mm wide-angle lens which deliverd a remarkable DSLR experience to your pockets. It had large 1.25μm pixels that lets in at least 56% more light than typical sensors.

Mi A1 rear dual camera setup was shipped with Beautify 3.0 which is smart feature that accurately locates facial features and intelligently adjusts and adapts to suit different skin colors. The 50 mm telephoto lens captures the the main image and the wide-angle lens assists with the depth of field measurement. Both lenses would then work together with our stereoscopic imaging and deep learning algorithm.

All Mi A1 phones came with dual pyrolytic graphite sheets which helped in diffusing and radiating heat quickly. Also, Mi A1 also came with a USB Type-C port and IR blaster.

Mi A2:
Following the success of Mi A1 last year, Xiaomi announced the next-generation Android One smartphones Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite. Those were the latest pair of pure Android devices from Xiaomi that offerred excellent performance and powerful photography capabilities at an honest price.

Mi A2 packed a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor clocked at 2.2GHz, a powerful and efficient choice that has proved to work awesomely with a battery capacity of 3010 mAh. The Antutu Benchmark score of 140,000, which was a huge leap over it's predecessor Mi A1. The Mi A2 featured a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display backed by a layer of Gorilla Glass 5. The 2.5D curved glass allowed the edges to seamlessly merge into the mid-frame, and the phone also had subtle curves at the back to make it easier to hold. It retained the USB Type-C port found in the Xiaomi Mi A1, but got rid of the 3.5mm headphone jack.

The Mi A2 was touted to be a “photography powerhouse”.  It offered a perfect photographic experience for selfies. Mi A2 selfie camera is also 20MP and came with a 'soft' Selfie light. We also included AI Bokeh enhancement to the selfie camera's portrait mode. Mi A2 was equipped with an excellent camera that provides a professional experience in photography. It has a 12MP Sony IMX486 sensor and a 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor. Both have f/1.75 aperture and a larger pixel size. The dual 12MP+20MP camera setup, aided by Xiaomi’s artificial intelligence, features “Super Pixel” technology: That is, the device combines four pixels to create a larger pixel, improving the sensor’s light sensitivity and resulting in clearer pictures. The same technology is also present in the front facing 20MP sensor.

Finally, let's go through a comparison of Mi A1 and its successor Mi A2

Now, what's next? Our Mi fans have shown their love and appreciation towards both Mi A1 and Mi A2. So we wanna know from you, what's your expectations from our next device in Mi A series? Which upgrades do you want for the next device of Mi A series? Share your views with us!

What's your expectations from our next device in Mi A series?

Rate

Number of participants 1 Experience +20 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-07-07 22:24:26
Favorites46 RateRate

Grand Master Bunny

illall | from Redmi Note 3

must be better than Mi A2
2019-07-12 07:12:23

Advanced Bunny

1651155642 | from Redmi Note 7

maybe screen fingerprint sensor? triple main camera and a frontal camera hidden under the screen? 6000 battery? Android Q? Foldable?
2019-07-12 07:22:24

Pro Bunny

BikerZonderBike | from app

Better, stronger, faster!
2019-07-12 07:25:36

Advanced Bunny

Dejan Zmaric | from Redmi 6A

😀🐧👍 to💩 next true device should be able to go to refrigerator and bring 1 bottle of cold beer.
2019-07-12 07:27:43

Advanced Bunny

I did not put those numbers in my post
2019-07-12 07:28:38

Master Bunny

Peter666 | from Redmi 5A

Dejan Zmaric
I did not put those numbers in my post

Emojis!                                 
2019-07-12 07:41:59
NÉMESIS

Master Bunny

B-Ross | from app

Bigger Battery, Full Screen display and Expandable Storage
2019-07-12 08:28:03

Pro Bunny

Framallo | from app

What I would like: 700 or 800 series processor, amoled screen, fingerprint sensor on screen, minimum 6 Gb of RAM, compatible with micro SD, 3.5 jack, NFC. What do you think?
2019-07-12 08:45:30
Something bigger...something better than the previous ones!
2019-07-12 08:47:29

Advanced Bunny

Peter666
Emojis!

thanks for info, I forgot that this forum doesn't show emois
2019-07-12 08:55:44