In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Discussion] NO internet or slow internet when on mobile call

2019-07-05 06:46:42
172 4
Hi all,

Am using Mi 8 with MIUI version 10.3.2.0(PEAMIXM) and android 9 PKQ1.180729.001. Recently I had to make web base calls which will call my mobile number to connect. I noticed that when I am connected to mobile phone on the call, internet will drop to H+ and almost no internet connection or very very slow connection. For example during the call, I am not able browse the internet at all and my web-based conference screen would drop off, only leaving me with my call. When I hang up the call, data immediately became 4G+ and I could start serving the net again.

Anyone knows the issue and how to solve it?

Thanks
Kelvin Wong
2019-07-05 06:46:42
Favorites RateRate

Pro Bunny

Woytazzer | from Mi MIX 2

cause you use 4G+ not voLTE that's mean on 4G+ your call will be switched to 3G or lower for call and super slow network. but on VoLTE there Everything running on 4G (+) same call like data h network so you can call and use fast conction.
Edit: I have same problem cause sim from company account don't let me use VoLTE but only 4G+ , but when I use my own I can use VoLTE, so try to ask your provider to turn it on .

For more check this I just found it What Is the Difference Between LTE And VoLTE?  http://c.mi.com/thread-2276381-1-0.html
2019-07-05 07:12:21

Pro Bunny

Woytazzer | from Mi MIX 2

Woytazzer
cause you use 4G+ not voLTE that's mean on 4G+ your call will be switched to 3G or lower for call and super slow network. but on VoLTE there Everything running on 4G (+) same call like data h network so you can call and use fast conction.
Edit: I have same problem cause sim from company account don't let me use VoLTE but only 4G+ , but when I use my own I can use VoLTE, so try to ask your provider to turn it on .

What Is the Difference Between LTE And VoLTE?  http://c.mi.com/thread-2276381-1-0.html link here
2019-07-05 07:15:35
Thank you very much for your reply. I am a starhub subscriber in Singapore and from the website, it looks like voLTE should already be enabled for me, but their FAQ states only on test Starhub mobile devices...:-(

Anyone on Mi 8 in Singapore on any telco can confirm that they can run voLTE on Mi 8? especially on starhub?
2019-07-10 00:52:02

Pro Bunny

theface1978 | from mobile

If your provider generally supports VoLTE, try to enable it in your phone using the USSD code *#*#86583#*#*
2019-07-10 01:53:24