In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi A2/Lite

[Q&A] Can't update mi A2 november 2018 update

2019-06-30 03:13:24
5753 8
Hello everyone, when I try to install the 2018 November update OTA on my new Xiaomi mi a2 the update always fails. Saying that it couldn't update and "installation problem".  It will download the update but then it simply says couldn't update, see the picture.I have tried to do a factory reset, downloading from 4G, Wifi, both 5ghz and 2.4ghz, removing the sim card, switching language to English, restarting the system and tried several times over several days. The phone is completely new and stock and not modified in any way. Bought in Sweden a couple of days ago from a 100% reliable source. What should I do? I don't want to flash anything on a completely new phone.
Hope you can help me :)
2019-06-30 03:13:24
Favorites RateRate

Semi Pro Bunny

DaniM | from MI 8

That's an old security package. Is your phone running Android Pie?
2019-06-30 06:12:20

Rookie Bunny

6214599217 Author | from Mi A2

DaniM
That's an old security package. Is your phone running Android Pie?

No, it is a brand new phone. I guess it needs all the old updates first before it allows me to update to Android Pie.
2019-06-30 06:13:52

Rookie Bunny

6214671379 | from Mi A2

Same here. I'm trying to update following site http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

no luck yet
2019-06-30 12:11:14
6214671379 replied at 2019-06-30 18:11:14
Same here. I'm trying to update following site http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

no luck yet

That's just for devices running MIUI.
2019-06-30 12:18:48
OK, I manage to update my MI A2 to a newer rom.

This is what was done:

1. Just in case, on my Windows 10 PC I run this command in CMD as admin.     bcdedit /set testsigning on  learn more

You have to reboot the PC.

2. Download the rom from miui.com and extract it using winzip. Edge browser change the .tgz to .gz, you must change this back to .tgz so winzip can open this. The location may not contain any spaces in the name.

3. Download the ADB and Fastboot v1.43 from androidmtk.com  and install it.

4. Just in case, make exception in Anti-virus for the C:/ADB folder and make exception for adb.exe and fastboot.exe in your firewall.

5. Download the flashing tool 20170425 from xiaomiflashtool.com and install it.

6. just in case, Start the phone connected to your PC and go to Settings and activate the developer mode by tapping 7 times on the build information. After that you can activate the USB debugging and OEM unlock mode in the new option you see. (Developer Mode)  If you troggle the USB debugging, wait for the second confirmation and grant "always access to this PC".

7. Power-off your phone. Hold the volume - and power button till you see the Fastboot logo.

8. Open CMD as administrtor and execute

cd c:/adb

fastboot devices
     (There must be a device listed now if not you must find and read on your own how this works.)

fastboot flashing lock_critical
     (The phone will ask you for confirmation for unlocking the bootloader. Read and accept this. Hold the Volume - and power button and force the phone to boot again in fastboot mode.)

fastboot flashing unlock
     (The phone will ask you for confirmation for unlocking the bootloader. Read and accept this. Hold the Volume - and power button and force the phone to boot again in fastboot mode.)

9. Open the XiaoMiFlash.exe program. the phone must be in fastboot mode. Select Clean all and lock right lower part of the program.
Select the rom folder from step 2. and click on the refresh button. You will see your phone now waiting for the update. You can now click on the flash button. The rom will be flashed.
If something goes wron, do the flashing part again till it shows success. Do not disconnect the phone. The 20170425 was the third flashtool I used. the 2014, 2016 and 2018 versions did not work for me.

How to use xioamiflash

After this the phone will work as expected. The june update was downloaded correctly.

Hope it helps.
2019-06-30 17:46:53

Master Bunny

Abycho_LG | from app

Hi,

Before to try flashing anything:
1.Verify that the phone is genuine even if bought from a reliable source (not Mi Store).
2. Clear data and cache of Updater app.
2019-07-02 06:45:10
<<<-->>> Mi A2 <<<-->>>

Rookie Bunny

5187411056 | from app

I am also facing same problem.... Plz suggest and resolve this issue for my new phone.
2019-09-23 23:20:37
use fastboot method then flash the phone.
2019-09-24 03:41:38