In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Israel

[Product] high pricing in Israel by Hamilton (Xiaomi official importer)

2019-06-25 09:08:15
641 9
Hi all

in Israel, Hamilton is the only official importer of Xiaomi's products. It practices very high pricing (more than in most of the countries) causing that even unofficial importers that are buying from other countries to succeed to price Xiaomi's products lesser than Hamilton...

example from today:
the mi 9t was announced today in Israel at a price of 1600 nis in 64 GB even if it is sold for example in France by Xiaomi at 350 euro: around 1430 nis,
about 10% less, including the 20% VAT (17% in Israel) or 330 euro in Spain (1350 nis!!! 15% less!)

Has anyone an explanation about this?

Xiaomi Worldwide: can anything be done about this? other unofficial importers that most of the Israelis buy from are not giving a good image of Xiaomi. For example, they remove the official Xiaomi charger and replace it with a bad 2A charger and remove the silicon case. they are making the customer to pay more for what was included in the official package and most of the customers even don't know about that and stay with a bad and slow charger. The image of Xiaomi is strongly damaged by this kind of practices. if Hamilton prices were more normal, parallel importation will stop and Xiaomi's name will be as it should...

2019-06-25 09:08:15
Favorites2 RateRate

Pro Bunny

1783605058 | from MI 9

i ordered from gearbest 366usd and chose regular shipping. the custom declaration was correct but still didn't got a vat payment request. and i got real global version. with locked bootloader.
2019-06-28 07:14:32

Pro Bunny

1783605058 | from MI 9

i ordered from gearbest 366usd and chose regular shipping. the custom declaration was correct but still didn't got a vat payment request. and i got real global version. with locked bootloader.

i was talking about the mi 9.
2019-06-28 07:15:42

Advanced Bunny

Yosef77 Author | from MI 8

I also ordered from gearbest low-end devices, the last one is a redmi 6a for my daughter. but I prefer to buy with a warranty when talking about high-end devices... they don't understand they are losing a lot of potential customer that will buy from parallel import or directly order from chinese online stores...
2019-06-28 08:04:16
Dear user,
There are indeed price differences in different countries.
Agents need to maintain a reasonable profit.
The difference in tax policy for each government leads to a difference in retail prices.
Regards
2019-07-01 04:40:01

Pro Bunny

Shaf Moco | from Mi 9T

Yosef77, did you also wrote to Apple about the huge differences between the prices in USA and Israel or Europe for iphone and macbooks ?
The pricing in Israel is pretty much reasonable when you take into considuration the taxes, warranty period, etc.
2019-07-01 15:09:25

Advanced Bunny

brokЭn
Dear user,
There are indeed price differences in different countries.
Agents need to maintain a reasonable profit.

thank you for your answer. sadly this is not the reason as there is no custom for smartphone importation since 2017 and the VAT (17%) is lower than in France for example (20%) while the price is about 10% higher ...  
worse, it is 15% higher than in spain that has 21% vat!!
2019-07-01 15:20:54

Advanced Bunny

Shaf Moco
Yosef77, did you also wrote to Apple about the huge differences between the prices in USA and Israel or Europe for iphone and macbooks ?
The pricing in Israel is pretty much reasonable when you take into considuration the taxes, warranty period, etc.

my last Mac was bought in France 10 years ago (before my alya). apple is for me a lost cause, they market shares are dropping and their devices are less and less appealing... (in particular for the price).
but in all cases, as it is not the debate, the the Apple tag price was always high, in all countries. and the focus was on integration and ease of use. Xiaomi, official, put the focus on the price... it is not the same case...

about the taxes, please take a look at what I just wrote few minute ago to brok€n. the vat here is less than in Spain or in France, there is no custom for smartphones and the price is still 15% higher...
2019-07-01 15:32:42

Rookie Bunny

1576755136 | from mobile

In Israel you Bay for the insurance, that again is very complicated to get to do something in case of malfunction
2019-07-02 06:39:24

Advanced Bunny

In Israel you Bay for the insurance, that again is very complicated to get to do something in case of malfunction

there is also warranty for customers in France, in Spain and in all country is officially represented...
and still they are paying the devices a lot less than we pay...
2019-07-02 06:44:52