In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi Band 4

[Review] [ifelixit] Mi Band 4, Xiaomi's fourth generation tracker now bundled with more features and goodies

2019-06-25 06:38:44
6567 91

Hei Mi Fans,

Wassup with you all? I am back again, this time to unbox and review the much hyped wearable tracker, Xiaomi's 4th generation tracker. Let's see what's all the hype about for the new arrival.
Mi Band 3 was the best selling wearable tracker which sold for millions of unit since it's inception. What's not to impress, eversince having Mi Band 4 for a week, it had already sold 1 million units in the first 8 days.

One of the most highlighted features this time round is that it comes with a full 120 x 240 pixels, 2.5D glass protection, full AMOLED touch screen, 40% bigger 135mAh battery than Mi Band 3 to achieve 20 days of use, equipped with 6 axis sensor able to detect swimming stroke and style.

Furthermore, now upgraded to Bluetooth 5.0, you can easily change watch faces, control your music in the background, like skipping forward/backward, increase/decrease the volume, without the need to use 3rd party apps.

Features:
° Sport Functions: 6 workout modes: Treadmill, exercise, outdoor running, cycling, walking, pool swimming; Count steps, distance, and calories burned
° Health monitoring: Workout completion notifications, goal setting, sleep monitoring,
heart rate monitoring, all-day heart rate checking, resting heart rate, heart rate chart, idle alerts
° Other features: Alarm, proximity sensor, pre-set watch face, customizable watch face, lock screen, timer, stopwatch, phone alarm and notifications, incoming calls, message notifications, calendar notifications, app notifications, weather forecast, Find my phone, phone unlock, event notification, Night mode, Do not disturb mode (works even without phone), music controls on band, Bluetooth broadcasting, battery level display, different
ways to wear, OTA updates.

Using Mi Fit:
To sync and activate your Mi Band 4 is easy, make sure Mi Fit app is installed, launch the app, go to Profile, Add device, select Band to pair, it takes a few seconds to pair and you are all set to go.

Specifications:
• Weight: 22.1g
• Water Resistance Rating: 5 ATM
• Display Type: AMOLED
• Screen Size: 0.95"
• Resolution: 120 x 240 RGB
• Colour Depth: 24bit
• Screen Brightness: Up to 400 nits (max brightness), brightness adjustable
• Touchscreen type: On-cell capacitive touchscreen
• Screen protection: 2.5D tempered glass with anti-fingerprint coating
• Button: Single touch button (wake up, go back)
• Wrist strap type: Removable wrist strap
(Mi Smart Band 4 is compatible with Mi Band 3 straps)
• Wristband width: 18mm
• Wrist strap material: Thermoplastic polyurethane
• Adjustable wrist strap length: 155-216mm
• RAM: 512KB
• ROM: 16MB
• Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer + 3-axis gyroscope; PPG heart rate sensor; Capacitive proximity sensor
• Wireless connectivity: BT5.0 BLE
• Battery: LiPo, 135mAh
• Charging Type: 2Pin Pogo Pin
• Charging time: ≤ 2 hours
• Standby time: Up to 20 days
• Motor Type: Rotor
• Body material: Polycarbonate
• App: Mi Fit
• System requirements: Android 4.4, iOS 9.0 or above

Verdict:
I am really satisfied with the Mi Band 4, with the new looks, suffice my needs of getting the sleeping data, tracking my daily walkabouts and steps and what I like most it comes with a higher resolution full AMOLED RGB screen, now able to track my swimming stroke in my hotel swimming sessions with it's 6 axis sensors. Next , I can still inter-change my Mi Band 3 strap with my Mi Band 4 which is completely compatible. Everything, seems to run smoothly and flawlessly and least and not last, it makes a handy music control on my wrist, but less that is still not able to be a remote for the camera which is useful. My review is based on the Mi Band 4 non-NFC, China imported set. As you see from my review, it automatically changes to English despite of a China set. Support for local languages will be added later via OTA update. For Mi Band 4 NFC version has XiaoAi voice support, can be used to control Mi Home appliances and can swipe bus cards, access cards and support Alipay payment.

I would certainly think, it's a well worth upgrade for me. Till next time.

Rate

Number of participants 7 Experience +130 Pack Reason

View Rating Log

2019-06-25 06:38:44
Favorites45 RateRate

Pro Bunny

Humminglights | from Mi MIX 2

Thanks for the Information
2019-06-25 06:42:35

Resource Team

BeingBishal | from MI 9 SE

Awesome Review!
2019-06-25 06:44:21

Super moderator

VikuBalupura | from MI 8

awesome
2019-06-25 07:27:36

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Nice Review, Thanks!
2019-06-25 07:53:32

Pro Bunny

Andler1968 | from MI 8 SE

Thanks for the review
2019-06-25 09:49:38

Pro Bunny

Raza_Mohamed | from MI 8

yeah I am gonna buy it❤️
2019-06-25 10:32:17
Razarokie

Master Bunny

Ghedeon | from app

Thanks, great device! Hope to buy one soon.
2019-06-25 12:07:37

Advanced Bunny

AmaLin | from Redmi 7

nice review thanks
2019-06-25 12:23:57

News Reporter

ᎮᏒᎥᏁፈᏋ | from Redmi Note 4X

great review thanks for sharing
2019-06-25 13:09:25

Master Bunny

Erdinçer | from MI MAX 2

Good info thanks