In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 8/SE/EE/Lite/Pro

[Q&A] Which wired headphones are suitable for xiaomi 8?

2019-06-23 22:44:00
496 14
Hi, Mi Fans
I always wanted to buy a headphone.
Do you know which wired headphones are more suitable for Xiaomi 8?

2019-06-23 22:44:00
Favorites2 RateRate
If you're going for higher end hifi headphones you should have a look at the impedance..some of them come with high impedance of 250Ohm which isn't really suitable for those weak amplifiers on mobile devices thus limiting especially the output volume.

For higher volume output it's better to have 16 or 32 Ohm.

Other than than that you cannot really tell in general because there are so many different models with different efficiencies. I have the Philips Fidelio X1/00 which for me are loud enough on the Mi 8 (when you choose a region without volume limit).
2019-06-24 07:43:45

Rookie Bunny

soulblazer | from MI 8

The adapter you use also has an impact on the sound quality
2019-06-24 15:13:45

Advanced Bunny

hopeness Author |

JoVo008 replied at 2019-06-24 19:43:45
If you're going for higher end hifi headphones you should have a look at the impedance..some of them come with high impedance of 250Ohm which isn't really suitable for those weak amplifiers on mobile devices thus limiting especially the output volume.

For higher volume output it's better to have 16 or 32 Ohm.

OK, thank you!
2019-06-24 21:49:05

Advanced Bunny

hopeness Author |

soulblazer replied at 2019-06-25 03:13:45
The adapter you use also has an impact on the sound quality

You are also using Xiaomi 8, what adapter are you using? How is the sound quality?
2019-06-25 01:39:30

Pro Bunny

btkli | from MI 8

it's a hard question to answer.  it depends on your budget, and the type of music you enjoy.  you can always check out xiaomi's one headphone offerings, which the Mi phones have specific optimizations for.   for cheap headphones I like and own a few pairs of KZ's (KZ ZS3 and ZS6).  For more expensive HiFi headphones, I like the Grado's.  Bose (a more controversial brand in the HiFi community) actually have some decent headphones too.  like Bass? you can look at Sony headphones.
2019-06-25 07:35:02
If you're into popular or Rock or electronic music and like bass - and have some bucks to give - I'd really suggest to give the Philips Fidelio X2 a chance.
They do have a bit too much bass to be fully neutral yes, but still keep detail (not like those Beats) and hell do they make fun - and they don't get on your nerves, not even when hearing at higher volumes for a longer time.

If you're more the analytic sound guy then I'd recommend the Beyerdynamic DT880. Fantastic resolution/details and a bit put back but very snappy/sharp bass.

I have both those and depending on the music genre and mood prefer some times the Beyers some times the Philips (of course if you look at it from a real hifi standpoint the Beyers are superior but did I say that the Philips do make you smile?).
The Beyerdynamic may need an extra headphone amp with mobile devices though to give the full performance.
2019-06-25 16:50:00

Pro Bunny

btkli | from MI 8

haha. the reality is there are so many brands of headphones and so many genres of music.  good thing is if you are looking for HiFi headphones, they can usually be auditioned at audio shops..  the thing is, you can ask 100 people for their recommendations, you can get 100 of different opinions.  just go audition and see what you like.  that is the best way.  good luck with your hunt, let us know what you choose att he end!
2019-06-25 18:45:02

Advanced Bunny

hopeness Author |

I bought a Philips Fidelio X2,sound quality is quite good.
2019-06-27 21:46:51

Pro Bunny

btkli | from MI 8

hopeness
I bought a Philips Fidelio X2,sound quality is quite good.

Very nice and congrats!  I personally love open-back headphones, the soundstage is just unreal.  I have a cheaper pair of Samson SR850, and honestly they are probably one of my favorites especially when it comes to Jazz or Classical music.  I don't use it as often as I would like, the only problem I find with open backs is that they tend to leak more sound than I like and I didn't want to disturb people around me.  I also find that it doesn't insulate sound as well so they don't do aswell in noisy environments.  but the X2's are really nice.  

Music is a very personal thing.  Reviews and price sometimes are irrelevant.  the most important thing is that you like them.  Congrats on your purchase and thanks for sharing!
2019-06-30 07:27:09

Pro Bunny

JoVo008 | from MI 8

btkli
Very nice and congrats!  I personally love open-back headphones, the soundstage is just unreal.  I have a cheaper pair of Samson SR850, and honestly they are probably one of my favorites especially when it comes to Jazz or Classical music.  I don't use it as often as I would like, the only problem I find with open backs is that they tend to leak more sound than I like and I didn't want to disturb people around me.  I also find that it doesn't insulate sound as well so they don't do aswell in noisy environments.  but the X2's are really nice.  

Music is a very personal thing.  Reviews and price sometimes are irrelevant.  the most important thing is that you like them.  Congrats on your purchase and thanks for sharing!

You might like the Beyerdynamic DT880. They're open and thus have a fantastic soundstage as well plus incredible detail on especially acoustic (the guitar on e.g. Dire Straits Private investigations is just phenomenal) music and are also very fine also for jazz music.

It's just that even with the custom built 32 Ohms version of those - normally they come with 250 Ohm - the amplifiers of mobile devices are quite a bit too weak making the sound too silent and also too soft.
With a full blown amp they show their real potential. That said even with an mobile phone they sound better than most other headphones.
You should not be a basshead with the Beyers though.
2019-06-30 13:39:16