In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

Return to list New

[Bug] mi 9se eea update 10.3.1 pfbeuxm ota bricked my phone...

2019-06-22 18:42:26

5,169 118

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

6210569135 replied at 2019-06-22 18:38:43
Dont work for me too, when i hold this combination after 10 sec its  starts restarting  even faster. Normaly loop takes about 15 sec, now 2sec lol. Also dont have any vibrations
Edit: Okay, it works, but I had to unplug the phone from the charger because it made it turn on right away after force shutdown :)

nee, mine still doesnt wanna shut down. tried every button combo i can think of and plugged/unplugged, only power - takes me to fastboot mode, everything else is just reset after reset unless plugged. where it stays on.

i officially give up, i'll send it back to seller, let them figure it out... i for one can't be bothered any more.
2019-06-23 00:19:14
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

mi 9se eea update 10.3.1 pfbeuxm ota bricked my phone...

FIXED IT (at least temporarely)

- boot into fastboot mode. press volume down and power until you see the mi bunny.
- install and run minimal adb and fastboot on a pc
- plug phone to pc
- run "fastboot devices" you should see a line with device id & fastboot
- run "fastboot continue"

wait for it

tadam you will be back into the old miui 10.2.9.

first thing you should do is dev options, mi unlock and bind phone & account. (that way you can then unlock)
2019-06-23 00:55:40
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

i just wanna point out something about xiaomi here... i have almost 0 experience with android and roms, i simply read the help on fastboot and figured nothing i do can break it worse...

what i want to know, is WHY nobody from the mighty xiaomi dev team did not bother to suggest this... especially since all of us where saying nothing was flashed so there is (was) every chance that the system is intact just the bad bootloader they sent via OTA doesn't give a flying ** and doesnt let us start it.
2019-06-23 01:37:12
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

fsatboot devices does nothing, just lists devices in fastboot mode (basically it confirms that you plugged in the phone properly and that you see that mi bunny)

fastboot continue is "  continue                                 Continue with autoboot."

again does nothing, just continues the boot. but since you're already in fastboot mode, at least one of the checks that cause that system destroyed is skipped.

and so the phone starts the system which is the old miui 10.2.9 which wasn't "really" updated.

what i suspect happened is that the bootloader in the ota doesn't run the old 10.2.9 and so it was flashed on the ota, but it couldnt start the recovery to run the actual update.

dont ask me how i thought to try it, i just did, and it worked. i was going through the help on the fastboot command...

2019-06-23 01:51:26
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

Rochygl replied at 2019-06-22 21:25:01
Hi,

Return the phone to seller, there has been many similar cases with OTA updates for different Xiaomi models, between others the more frequent cause is the regional restriction to flash firmware to devices with different hardware to the firmware type, i.e. if flashing EU firmware to Chinese device, then the result is a bricked phone.

this is not the case here. this was not the first ota installed! imho the ota is/was broken. the bootloader they sent did not match grus eea.
2019-06-23 02:32:52
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

when is the last time you did an ota? it downloads, decrypts - even if fast - and then asks to restart. or that's what it did yesterday. i didnt decrypt it manually it just had a loading bar saying, decrypting. right after the download and right before it displayed the restart now.

you know you've just insulted another some 20 people who like me applied an ota and ended up with bricks right? what do you think this is mass hysteria? all of us deciding yesterdya and today to download the wrong rom?

if that's what you think then good for you.
2019-06-23 03:16:21
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

1610167611 replied at 2019-06-22 22:37:39
Wonderful !!!
Did you get some help from the service center ?

you know of any service centers in europe open on a saturday? no, i was just lucky. i was reading helps on fastboot commands and "fastboot continue" sounded interesting. so i tried it.

i was ready to send it back to warranty monday.
2019-06-23 03:57:48
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

of course you can! you can bind them and never unlock.

you can even start the unlock timer from the unlock app (which is a week at the moment) and then just never flash it.

you're asking for permission. the unlock is you alone.
2019-06-23 04:09:51
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

Gufti replied at 2019-06-22 23:10:24
I don't understand why you are absolutely unwilling to accept that the OP simply says the truth. What you do is absolutely unfair until you can PROVE that it's his own fault.
And: decrypting is always the next step after OTA download, before you are asked to reboot.

nee, it's fine, i also made you all brick your phones too. i flew all over the world and forced every one of you with bricks to download the wrong rom.

it's fine, im too happy for the fix to care about him badmouthing me.

if it makes him feel better let him think whatever the hell he wants. i dont care. i have the phone working now!
2019-06-23 04:15:40
Reply Report

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author |

K4r0lSz replied at 2019-06-22 23:12:13
Fellows this thread and qty. of involved Mi9SE for this issue is not one, two, ten... it's few dozens if not hundreds.
It's not a mistake of user...
Thx for solution laviniuc.

everyone is most welcome. glad i found it instead of sending the phone in.
2019-06-23 04:18:28
Reply Report
  • Followers

• Threads

• Replies

Aktywny 3 dni pod rząd
Aktywny 7 dni pod rząd
20K Mi Fans
Copyright©2016-2019 Xiaomi.com, All Rights Reserved
Content Policy

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list