In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Feedbacks

[Bug] mi 9se eea update 10.3.1 pfbeuxm ota bricked my phone...

2019-06-22 06:42:26
4933 117
official reply to the issue: https://c.mi.com/thread-2265209-1-0.html

this was not the first ota i installed on the phone, no root, no unlocked bootloader, original phone eea version factory sealed, fully stock/stable branch.

unlike previous ota updates, this time after the decrypt and pressing restart now, there was the loading circle for 2 seconds and then immediately just "the system has been destroyed, press poerbutton to shutdown"

after a few hours where i kept hoping it would recover on it's own - it didnt - i started to check/investigate the status...

- no recovery mode
- no edl mode
- can access fastboot mode

-can load the miunlock tool but since the phone doent have a account binded in dev options i cannot unlock it. errors out at the end of step2
-mi flash sees the device but cannot flash since it is locked bootloader.

i am just one of the users who face this issue with 10.3.1 it is very wide spread: https://c.mi.com/thread-2248593-1-0.html

FIXED IT (at least temporarely)
TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! - worked for me but i take no responsability

- boot into fastboot mode. press volume down and power until you see the mi bunny.
- install and run minimal adb & fastboot on a pc
- plug phone to pc
- run "fastboot devices" you should see a line with device id & fastboot
- run "fastboot continue"

wait for it

tadam you will be back into the old miui 10.2.9.

first thing i would do is dev options, mi unlock and bind phone & account. (that way you can then unlock)

quick update/question:
anyone with 201903 working ota? or 201904 failing? (the manufacturing date is printed on the phone box back, bottom right near the sn barcode)

update 2: phone works OK now. without me doing anything.

2019-06-22 06:42:26
Favorites9 RateRate

Feedback Team

snsrkr | from app

Dear user
Thank you for your report, I'll discuss about it and get back to you shortly
Thank you
2019-06-22 06:43:46
because forced your phone to update via pacjage update not knowing that your phone is eea global while the update package they released is just global international rom... if you didnt noticed why your phone just got bricked look at the difference PFBEUXM AND PFBMIXM IS DIFFERENT ROMS.
2019-06-22 07:18:41
the only way to do that is to re flash a new rom in your phone using a pc. look in google how to do that or via xda... ask em...
2019-06-22 07:19:29

Master Bunny

laviniuc Author | from mobile

thank you for the reply, but no, i did NOT force it, i am fully aware pfbmixm and pfbeuxm are different. that's why i waited patiently for the 10.3.1 pfbeuxm that GOT sent via OTA yesterday morning.
2019-06-22 07:21:27

Beta Team-Global

K4r0lSz | from MI 9

Nikita Michael Catellier
because forced your phone to update via pacjage update not knowing that your phone is eea global while the update package they released is just global international rom... if you didnt noticed why your phone just got bricked look at the difference PFBEUXM AND PFBMIXM IS DIFFERENT ROMS.

It is said, that it came by OTA, not Manual package installation - which has additional protection, to not install, if it's not for current device.
2019-06-22 07:23:03
Satisfied user of Xiaomi devices:
Mi9, Mi5, Mi Band 2 and much more

Master Bunny

Nikita Michael Catellier
the only way to do that is to re flash a new rom in your phone using a pc. look in google how to do that or via xda... ask em...

thank you nr 2. but please assume i am not a total idiot before you reply...

one cannot miflash if the phone is on a locked BL.

and cannot unlock either now that it doesnt start up to allow 'binding' in dev options.

any other ideas?
2019-06-22 07:29:45
Same problem, I received today via OTA (PFBEUXM - 670) and my system was destroyed.
2019-06-22 07:29:52

Master Bunny

Same problem, I received today via OTA (PFBEUXM - 670) and my system was destroyed.

lovely so 24h later they still haven't pulled/suspended the ota? ow man... so sorry :(
2019-06-22 07:31:32
i am using pfbeuxm and it is perfectly fine for me...
2019-06-22 07:33:35
sorry if i think that you are an idiot i am not aware fully of the situation and have not totally understand your point... btw mine is perfectly fine also pfbeuxm here are some screen shots.. are you using data instead of wifi connection? did you update it less than 50 percent and go through.. i just want to know no harsh words please.. i just want to help
2019-06-22 07:35:56