In order to fulfill the basic functions of our service, the user hereby agrees to allow Xiaomi to collect, process and use personal information which shall include but not be limited to written threads, pictures, comments, replies in the Mi Community, and relevant data types listed in Xiaomi's Private Policy. By selecting "Agree", you agree to Xiaomi's Private Policy and Content Policy .
Agree

Mi 9/SE/T/T Pro/Lite

[Review] Mi 9 Smartphone Review

2019-06-19 03:51:18
550 7

Greetings dear Mi-fans.
Today we will talk about the flagship of the linear MI, and as you might guess, about the Xiaomi MI 9.

Packaging design
The Xiaomi MI 9 smartphone comes in a beautiful silver box with the number 9 engraved in the center. Note that the main cover of the package is made in the “Chameleon” style and you can see the effect of color transfusions at certain angles.

In the upper right corner is the Mi shield. On the back of the box, all the same general information about the smartphone and its minimum characteristics.

Contents of delivery
After removing the main cover of the package, we see that the execution of the overall design concept of the “main box” is inherent in the performance of “additional packaging”.

The first thing that catches your eye when you open the liner is a fixed special clip for removing the SIM tray and an adapter from Type-C to 3.5 mm minijack.

We study further that the company Xiaomi has provided as accessories. Opening the "additional packaging" - we see that there is in the presence of:
  • User manual in several languages;
  • Warranty card (unfortunately the Russian language is not present in the text);
  • Translucent bumper dark color;

After removing the "additional packaging" we see the smartphone Xiaomi MI 9, in our case, made in the color "Piano Black". On the screen there is a glued factory matte film on which there is information about the model of the smartphone, minimal information about the CPU, modules of the main cameras, the use of the “Quick charge” technology, the use of the “Subscreen fingerprint scanner” and traditionally the company logo.

Note: I apologize, but I took the film up to the moment when I was shooting the smartphone for review.

Let's go further, extract our brand new smartphone and see that it has a charger under it and a USB Type-C standard USB to C cable for connecting to either a PC or a charger;

This is all the equipment, as you can see everything is compactly located inside the main box.

Design
The smartphone has relatively small for its display, size and conveniently lies in the palm of your hand. The corners of the frame that separates the display module from the back cover have rounded edges.

I note that on the tactile sensations, this frame is made of metal. In the design of the back cover of the smartphone there are similar outlines.

The lid is covered with durable, tempered glass, but when using this color solution - I can say that, from the point of view of design, it looks like plastic :).

Display
The smartphone uses a 6.39 inch Amoled matrix that supports HDR10 technology. The resolution panel is 2340x1080 (FHD +) pixels with a density of 403 ppi.

With this version, the aspect ratio of the screen is 19.5:9. For the protection of the screen module meets the protective glass "Corning Gorilla 6 class."

In addition, I want to note that the module supports the “Always On Display” (AOD) function, which allows displaying the necessary and important information when the screen of the smartphone is turned off.
I note that the fifth-generation optical Fingerprint Scanner is built into the screen module.

Control elements
Let's talk about the main controls of the smartphone. If you look at the device screen, then on the right side of the case there are physical buttons for controlling the volume of sound and power.

And on the left side of the screen, a SIM card tray and an additional button to call the Assistant application are located on the edge of the case (Google Assistant is called up in the Global version).

Let us proceed to the consideration of the upper and lower parts of the edges of the body of the smartphone. In the upper part there is an infrared port and a microphone for noise reduction.

At the bottom there is a connector for connecting the data cable (USB Type-C) and a speaking microphone.

Photo opportunities
Front-camera
As we said earlier, the front camera in the Xiaomi MI 9 smartphone is built into the drop-shaped notch and consists of a single CMOS module at 20MP with an aperture of f/2.0 aperture and support for the Artificial Intelligence technology.

Unfortunately, the sensor does not support the autofocus system.

Primary and secondary camera
If we are talking about the camera modules used in the smartphone, then we end this excursion with the description of the Main camera, which consists of three CMOS modules:

• The main camera was a Sony IMX586 sensor with a resolution of 48MP matrix and an aperture of f/1.75 aperture. In this case, the viewing angle for shooting is 79°;
  • To use a double zoom with viewing angles of 43.6°, a second sensor is used with a resolution of a 12MP matrix and an aperture of f/2.2 aperture;
  • For widescreen shooting with a viewing angle of 117°, a third Sony IMX586 sensor is already used with a 16MP resolution and aperture of f/2.2;

I note that a sapphire crystal is in favor of protecting the triple camera module.

Operating system
Onboard the Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone, a proprietary MIUI10 shell based on the Android Pie operating system is preinstalled from the box.

The partition architecture has a standard “A” system and the device supports “Project Treble” out of the box, which will allow the manufacturer to update the smartphone to the new OS versions much faster.

Total
Personally, my opinion is that the new smartphone Xiaomi Mi 9 turned out to be cool both in terms of its characteristics and in terms of its design.

Conclusion
And in conclusion, a brief review of the flagship of the Xiaomi MI 9 smartphone family wanted to share amazing photos that were taken with the camera of the device.

You can upload original photos by clicking on the link: Create_Photos_for_MI9.zip

This is all a small review of the smartphone, thanks for reading my articles.

2019-06-19 03:51:18
Favorites3 RateRate
Awesome Review !
2019-06-19 05:14:12

Master Bunny

InRavenX Author | from Mi 9 SE

BeingBishal
Awesome Review !

Thank you for such a high appreciation of the article.
2019-06-19 05:20:48
-----------------------------------------
Further it will be more interesting...
Лови позитив от всего, с чего сможешь...
great Review. thanks
2019-06-19 05:55:32

Resource Team

iMKajal | from MI 8

Thanks for the review!
2019-06-19 13:00:58

Grand Master Bunny

Seragios | from Redmi 5

Awesome Review
2019-06-19 19:44:13

Pro Bunny

mikica | from mobile